001: A bad date

Welcome and thank you for clicking on this book, I promise you that it's going to be a fun ride.

This book is a work of fiction and was created from my imagination, any relation to real life is nothing but a coincidence.

This book is rated 18 because there will be some mentions of suicide, domestic violence and abuse. I don't know if there will be any smut because I suck at writing that. 

I'm going to give this book my best but remember I'm not a professional writer, I am only an amateur whose fingers itch for her to tell a story for people who care to read.

Please, do not copy my work!!!

Vote and leave a comment, say your mind, however, you feel it. If any character annoys you, vent! Lol, but please be nice to this sensitive writer. Even if you want to critique my work, do it in a nice way. God bless!

Thank you again for reading.

Let's dive into it!

~~~

Pearl

"You are not only forcing this man on me, but you also insisted on not sending me his pictures." I lowered my face from the rearview mirror of my car, where I was touching up my make-up and settled into my car seat.

Grabbing my phone from between my thighs, I held it to my face and my bestfriend came into view. She was giving me the mental support I needed for a date she had forced on me.

I narrowed my eyes at her, "This date better not be a waste of my time." I huffed, putting up my 'on the verge of tears' face, with tiredness written all over me.

But the only person I was tired of was my best friend, Geraldine.

"You look so beautiful, baby," she smiled, avoiding my unending complaints. I rolled my eyes at her and she chuckled, shaking her head. "I know you're nervous but you're going to love him, trust me, Pearl, John is a good man."

I sighed as I watched her talk me into going on a date with a man, whose only information I had was his first name, John. And I only knew about this date two days ago.

Of course, I was nervous. I had not done this dating thing in the past three years after my ex, ghosted me the week he travelled to London. It was hard to recover from that since we were together for five years. And I never knew what went wrong or at least, what I did wrong.

I couldn't reach him, even his family since they all blocked my contact. I didn't get any closure and that was one hell of a time for me.

I looked at the baby she was rocking to sleep and for a minute, her face calmed my mind. "Angel is such a beautiful baby," I smiled, looking at my Goddaughter who was a perfect mix of her parents.

"That is why you should go in there to your date, so you can give her a playmate," She said and I chuckled.

Geraldine had been pushing me to open up and give love another chance, but I had my fears of trying again, especially in the city of Abuja. But this time, she took it upon herself and set me up with her husband's university friend.

"Argh..." I groaned in frustration. "I would have been on my bed right now, watching a movie and eating. If this doesn't go well, I am going to kill you," I spat out my threat to her. "Hope he is at least, good-looking?"

"Trust me, you're going to love him," she winked and I rolled my eyes.

Usually, sundays were my free days to destress at home, but I was going to use this one Sunday to entertain a date I wasn't even ready for.