031: Clubbing and alcohol

Pearl

The blue and red illumination shone across people's faces, as they swayed their bodies to the beat blasting through the speakers, in the club. I swayed my hips from side to side, dancing with Geraldine, who was right in front of me doing the same. Femi persuaded her to come and have fun with me, while he took care of their baby.

Brian drove us to the club and had us sit with him in the VIP lounge, but seriously it was boring to sit and watch other people have fun. We couldn't even sit there for more than ten minutes and here we were having fun.

"I want a drink," I yelled, dance leaning closer to Gee.

We had been dancing in between breaks for the past two to three hours now. It had been a long time since we had this much fun, just us, like in the old days at school.

"Let's go to the bar." She yelled, her face brushing past mine as her mouth inched closer to my ear.

When I tell you, It was loud in here.

"Okay," I nodded and Gee started dancing away.

I walked behind her, brushing past people through the dance floor, while we walked to the bar. Her velvet, cold shoulder, ruched bodycon dress, fitted her body perfectly, I could swear her hips got a little wider after she had her baby. I, on the other hand, had on a satin blue mini dress, matching it with black strappy heels and a hang-on-shoulder mini bag just like Gee.

We hopped on the bar stool and made our order to the bartender who looked sexy as hell. A big seconds later, he placed a glass of virgin Margarita in front of Gee, and when a glass of martini landed on the bar counter in front of me, he threw me a wink with a flirty smile. A coy smile dawned on my face.

"Please oo... Stop flirting, my friend is taken," Gee yelled, comically and I chuckled.

The bartender threw Gee a glance, with a smile on his face before stepping away from us to attend to other people.

I turned to Gee, "You're crazy," I smiled and raised the rim of the glass to my mouth.

"Yes, I am... Wait you're actually taken by two men at this point." She yelled and took a sip from her drink. "Even though I am team Kachi, I still have to give recognition to the man, who was nice enough to bring us here tonight." She winked at me, causing me to chuckle.

Her words reminded me of Brian who we had abandoned, I glanced up at the VIP longue and he was nowhere to be found. Even though it was dim in here, the silky red shirt he had on, made him easy to be identified.

"I am team Brian," I said and downed the rest of my drink. I placed the glass on the counter, directed my gaze to the bartender and requested another glass.

Gee broke out laughing, "I bet you are. Don't get yourself drunk because of..." I glared at her and she chuckled, raising her hands in surrender.

Hell, I wasn't team anyone, and I didn't care about these men at this point. But I had to say that, to calm the anger that was building up in me, at the thought of Kachi. I would never talk to him again, I promised myself. He wasn't good for me, I hated the way I felt about the fact that he ignored me for almost three weeks. Well, he didn't completely ignore me but, he would have tried harder since he was the one that pissed me off.

The bartender placed another glass of martini on the counter in front of me, flashing me a smile. His smile was contagious and there was no way, I wasn't going to smile back.

"Why don't you call him this time," Gee started and I drew my gaze to her. With my brows furrowed at her, I took a sip of my drink. "Hear me out," she smiled. "You can actually contact someone that did you wrong and express yourself, pour out your feelings to them." She downed the rest of her drink.