044: Public judgement

Pearl

After surfing through threads upon threads, and comments upon comments of netizens' blatant insults shaded under the umbrella of opinion. I finally found the blog that tweeted the original story.

Yes, they were insults, sprinkled with a heavy dose of jealousy.

Even though some of these comments expressed shock, talking about how they knew him to be the quiet one from the family,  focused on only being an excellent doctor and a philanthropist, who cared for children. Some were heavy on their envy just because he was from a very rich home. Like it was his fault to be born rich.

The egregious hate for rich people was glaring in the comment sections.

A knot of anger stirred up from my stomach to my chest, causing my thumb which was sliding through the tweet to tremble. A certain Miss V, who claimed to be Kachi's ex had come out with claims that he was extremely abusive to her during and after their relationship.

She had claimed it involved both physical and emotional abuse, and to back up her claim there was a voice note attached to the post. Her story also made mention of him, neglecting their child because of a certain designer, his new girlfriend, who wouldn't let him take care of his child.

A dry chuckle escaped my mouth as I read through the part, I was mentioned. Miss V was sure Vera, and was this what she meant by ruining me and Kachi? She didn't even have the balls to mention my name, and she purposely left out the part where she cheated on him.

I ignored the voice note and scrolled through the comment section. A lot of online judges were throwing insults at Kachi, and lots of opinions were cramped in the comment section, opinions from people who knew nothing about either of them. It was just a bunch of people judging by the information at hand, and those comments were not in his favour.

A whole lot of them were shocked that he had a child.  But why was everyone talking about suicide, and getting him arrested?

I scrolled back up and clicked on the voicenote, which the poster claimed was recorded last week, It was evidence of the emotional abuse Miss V had suffered recently even though their relationship ended two years ago.

A sobbing female voice filled the air.

"I will die if that will be the only way to gain your forgiveness."

The female voice, who I believe to be Miss V said while sobbing heavily on the phone.

"Even after you die I would not forgive you." 

A male voice came up and I didn't need anyone to tell me it was him. It was exactly how his voice sounded over the phone, and that unbothered tone sure belonged to him.

"Kachi, that is not a nice thing to say, each time you say that, I have real thoughts of killing myself."

"I am always looking forward to the day you will do that. You deserve nothing but death and It would sure be the happiest day of my life."

The voice note ended, and a shiver ran down my spine reacting to the things that escaped his mouth. I knew that Kachi could sometimes be mean but this was over the top. Now, I understood why some netizens were fuming in the comments, but he didn't deserve most of the things said to him. Those who were wishing him death were not any different from him.

My ringtone came on and it was Gee calling again. Thumb tapping on the answer bar, I held the phone to my ear.

"Is that really him?" Her curious voice immediately filled my ear.

That was sure Kachi, but I needed to hear his side of the story first. If Vera had added the part where she cheated, I would have maybe completely believed her too. But no, she didn't.