036: babymama and drama

Pearl

"Girl, he wants you!"

Gee's words rang loud and clear in my head, as Kachi halted right in front of me. His gaze swallowed mine and my nose swallowed his cologne, leaving me to silently take continuous deep breaths.

His hands were buried in his brown pants pockets, and the white t-shirt he had on, was matching his white sneakers.

Was Gee right? Does Kachi Phillips want me?

After he left me in the room this morning, I scurried to the bathroom and gave Gee a call. I gave her the details of him, watching me while I pretended to be asleep.

Feeling his hand move away the braid strands from my face earlier, electrified my whole body, causing my nipples to turn hard.

And right now, as he did the same, I was beginning to believe Gee. Maybe, I actually had a charm like Gee always said, and I had possessed him with that.

"Daddy!"

The door clicked open, and a little girl clad in a pink little dress scurried to Kachi and jumped into his arms.

He hugged her to his chest like she was a precious piece of jewellery, and seeing him be a father caused me to smile. His daughter was so cute, even though she was not looking anything like him.

I forgot for a minute that he had a child, and I couldn't believe that I was falling deeply in love with a man, who already made a baby with another woman. I silently sighed, wondering if I had already changed my mind and if I was capable of the drama that comes with it.

A woman arrayed in a brown armless bodycon dress followed. I didn't need anyone to tell me, she was his child's mother because her daughter was a carbon copy of her. The fact that she had access to Kachi's home surprised me but then again, she was his child's mother.

She approached us eyeing me from head down, and I was left wondering if I should smile at her or maybe say something. Kachi on the other hand, had his eyes on his child as they exchanged daughter and father conversation.

"Aunty Maria," the child in his arms exclaimed and pulled down from his body.

She ran in the direction of Maria, who held a strong scowl at Kachi's child's mother, looking like she wanted to send her out. But her face suddenly turned into a big grin when the little girl jumped into her arm.

"I missed you, Aunty Maria," the little girl said, as she carried her away from us.

"Good morning, Kachi." His baby mama's voice called our attention back to her. She glanced at me and back to him, "I didn't know you've got a guest" She said, eyeing me like a witch and I scoffed.

She looked like trouble.

Kachi eyed her from the head down, scowling, "Not like you are supposed to know." He said, irritation dripping from his eyes as venom was dripping from hers. "What are you doing here?" He asked, not giving her room to answer the first question.

She sighed, "Kaima wanted us to spend some time together," she said, taking two steps towards him.

Kachi glanced at me like he wanted to know if I believed, what we were hearing. Sadly, his daughter wasn't here to defend herself.

"But you said, she was to have a play date with her best friend at the park today."

"She changed her mind at the last minute--"

"Daddy!" The little girl yelled from behind us, her little feet pattering on the floor towards his father. Kachi squatted to her level welcoming her into his arm, and the scowl on his face was already replaced with a big smile.