033: Long time no see

Pearl

It had been four weeks, and even though I and Kachi had been communicating through text. It was barely 'how are yous' and whatnot. More of my attention had been on Brian, even with my very tight schedule.

The least I was thankful for was not having to meet his mother ever since, and I hoped it stayed that way.

When Kachi informed me of his short period of travel to Ghana, I immensely missed him even though we had not been meeting in person, since the night at the club. I had some silly thoughts of what ifs, especially what if he decided to move to another country, permanently. But then, I had to remind myself that no matter where he was, we weren't going to be a thing.

He did not believe in love and even if he did, I wasn't his type.

"I am not leaving until you tell me the day, we can go out on a date." Brian curled his arm around my waist, causing the scissors I was cutting a piece of fabric with, to pause halfway. The table in my private office was filled with colourful fabric mess, which extended to the floor, around the table.

Seriously, I didn't know the level we were at now, nor had I said 'yes' to him. But, we were talking more, even though none of us had time for an actual date.

Well, It was mostly me, since he had brought it up a few times and I had only given one silly excuse or another. The thing was, I didn't want to lead him on blindly. Because if I did, one of us would be getting hurt at the end of this, and it sure was not going to be me.

"You know I have been very busy lately," I smiled at him and directed my attention back to the fabric in front of me.

The black perfectly sewn senator fabric attire he had on was perfectly tailored for his body. And that was my handwork.

"Don't forget you disappeared on me at the club--"

"Ah ah... I already apologised for that." I turned my face to him, again smiling. "Like I said, I left with my friend after her husband called." I dropped the scissors on the table, swivelled my body to him, and folded my arms across my chest. When my eyes fell on his face, I felt a little bad for lying to him, but there was no way I would tell him, I left the club with another man.

"What about this evening, I can come and pick you up later, we can go anywhere you want."

"Dubai?' I teased and his lips spread in a smile.

"Is that what you want? You know I can make that happen," He leaned closer to me, raising his brows. "Do you have a passport? He asked and I let out a soft chuckle.

"It was a joke," I said in between chuckles.

I pulled the end of the black jacket which I had over my Ankara jumpsuit, together. The jacket I intentionally didn't return to Kachi, the same jacket that had turned into my favourite. His body scent still lingered heavily on it, making me feel closer to him.

The whole day had been unbelievably cold, and the environment wet since it had been raining every day this week. It was already August so it was normal in this part of the world.

"So what do you say about--" Brian continued, but my ringtone filled the room causing him to swallow the rest of his words. I turned to the table and grabbed my phone, which was placed screen down on it.

When my eyes fell on the caller ID, my heart skipped a beat and my mouth opened, and closed like a fish freshly out of water. It had been so long since he gave me a call, so long since I heard his voice.

My thumb rested on the phone screen, "Excuse me," I glanced up at Brian. I pulled the phone to my ear, walking to the couch suited at the corner of the room.