037: Pizza date and touchy topics

Kachi

My lips curved in a smile as I stood at the door, staring at Pearl, whose mouth was slightly parted and her eyes, widely opened. 

She was so surprised to see me in front of her apartment, but my standing here right now was all thanks to her brother, who had approached me earlier after I packed in front of her apartment, and introduced himself to me.

I said yes to the part where he asked if we were in a relationship, intentionally withholding that it was a fake one. The young man was happy to accompany me to his sister's apartment, and I gladly followed behind him.

She had on a big T-shirt, and bum shorts below. She looked so beautiful standing right in front of me, and that woke a sudden urge to sweep her up in my arms. 

All through the day, it had been only Pearl on my mind. Even though Vera was scowling all through, I paid her no attention and dedicated my time only to Kaima. For Vera, It felt as if we were back, to where we were, before her supposed heartfelt apology. That wasn't much of a surprise to me, I only wondered why she wanted us to spend time together if she was going to be unhappy all day.

Her co-parenting style was sure unpredictable.

"So you're dating Kachi Phillips," Her brother grinned widely from behind her as though he was greatly happy to find out the truth about us. "Don't worry I'm not here to intrude your fun time with your boyfriend," he walked up to Pearl and winked at her. Pearl, on the other hand, shook her head and rolled her eyes at him, simultaneously.

His brother wiggled his brows at her, brushing past me, he walked out of the apartment. He was generous enough to flash me a wide smile, and that made me feel happy.

Her brother had approved of me.

I heard his steps pause, "And don't worry sis, I won't tell Mom. You can tell her when you're ready, all you have to do is help me with what I asked."

"Get out." Pearl gestured, flicking her fingers and eyeing her brother. He chuckled lightly and resumed his steps which quickly faded away.

I watched Pearl sigh, settling her gaze on me. "Can I come in?" With a smile still tugging at the corner of my lips, I asked.

"Uh-- yes," she nodded curtly, and quickly moved to the side, giving me room to walk into her apartment. A few feet into her apartment,  I heard her slam the door shut. "I just wasn't expecting you to--" her voice followed, causing me to pause and turn to her.

"Oh, uhm..." I paused as she started walking towards me.  "I just wanted to make up for earlier." She halted in front of me.

"For earlier?" She narrowed her eyes, taking the pizza from my hand. "The pizza date," she muttered under her breath, smiling. I watched her walk into her living room and place the pizza on the centre table. Standing straight up, she rested her eyes on me, "You can have a seat." She gestured at the brown sectional couch behind her.

I walked and lowered onto the couch, scanning my eyes across her living room, coated in white paint before they finally settled on her sizable flat-screen television, which was on a TV stand with two vases of flowers placed beside it.

"I wasn't expecting you to walk in here with my brother," she said, calling my attention back to her.

"Oh, that... He met me outside your apartment and said you were waiting for me"

"What?" She said, surprised, and that was the same look I had on my face when her brother said that to me.

"And... Oh, he said that you have something to discuss with me."