016: The hospital visit 2

Pearl

I had no idea what he wanted to talk to me about but I decided to stay behind, anyway. I also had something to say to him, even though I had thought it wasn't a good time because of the situation we had at hand.

"Let's go to my office," Peter said before resuming his strides and I trailed behind him.

"What about Chike and Kennedy?" I asked, catching up to his side.

"I sent them off, to go calm down," he glanced at me. "Uche should thank God that this is my place of work, I would have joined them and beat the hell out of him."

"Is that the monster's name?" I asked and Peter shot me an amused look.

"So, you don't know your cousin's husband's name."

"I don't and it's not worth knowing, anyway," I said, slightly rolling my eyes.

Ever since the day I attended Felicia's marriage ceremony, I had always complained about how there was something off about Uche. The way he talked to Felicia the few times I saw them hold a conversation, was off to me including his body language. I complained to my mother after the marriage ceremony and she told me that she felt the same. She had even complained to Felicia's mother but the woman said he was a good man and that he was rich. She said that he would be able to take care of her daughter.

When we got to the last room on the other side of the hallway, Peter halted in front of it. He stuck the key in, unlocked the door and pushed it open. He stood by the side and gestured for me to go in.

I stepped into his office and the AC engulfed my body causing me to feel a little dizzy, I rubbed up and down my other arm. My eyes swept across his office and all I could say was a mental wow, It was more than what I had expected. There were a few folders on one side of his huge desk and a desktop was placed in the centre. A small frame picture of him and his wife was placed on the side. At the side of the room, there was a mini hospital bed and another table but not as huge as his desk. I darted my gaze back to his desk and then, the wall behind it. There was a picture of a man and next to it was no other but Kachi Phillips. That was when I realized that I had not seen him anywhere around the hospital.

My gaze fell on the sofa, resting on the wall that was close to the door.

"You can sit there if you like," Peter said and closed the door behind him. "I know you must be tired from the push earlier."

"I'm fine," I sighed.

I walked to his desk and sat down on the seat in front of it. I looked at Peter, who in turn flashed me a smile with a little shoulder shrug. He walked to his desk and sat down on the seat behind it. As he opened his mouth to speak, a knock came on his door.

He paused for a minute, "Come in," He said.

"Ah... Dr Samuel, how far na" Peter hailed. "Are you back from your work leave?"

"I'm resuming on Monday." A deep raspy voice replied and all I could think of was Damn!

I turned in the direction of the door, in search of the owner of that voice and when my eyes met the figure at the door, I couldn't help but gape. The smile on his face caused my heart to flutter.

He was one of the finest men I had laid my eyes on. Tall, yes very tall, his muscular arms were in the right proportion with his calves and just looking at his fitted white trousers, I knew his butt must be firm. Gosh, I was at the hospital, where sick kids were, why was I lusting over a man's ass. The brown body-fitted T-shirt he had on complimented his glowing dark skin.

He was supposed to be maybe an actor, a model? He was supposed to be on TV and not in this hospital.

When his gaze met mine, my breath hitched and I lightly gasped, I quickly shifted my gaze away but I could swear that I caught a glimpse of the slutty smirk that appeared on his face. I bet he knew what was going through my mind.