030: Plans

Pearl

"Seriously, I don't feel like clubbing for now, especially since my best friend won't be joining because of her baby. I can't imagine spending a good number of hours in a club without her." I said to Brian who was seated in the driver's seat of his Mercedes Benz, which was parked in front of my apartment.

After I bailed on him the last two Sundays and was very busy all through the past weeks, I decided to spare some of my time today for him. We had gone to the cinema to see a movie.

"But we've done that before, just us." He said, locking his right-hand fingers with my left one. I was seated next to him in the passenger's seat.

Seriously, that felt nice but it wasn't anything close to the tingles, I felt each time I had body contact with Kachi. If only it was Brian, who could spark those tingles, and not the other man driving me crazy.

He didn't even bother to try more after he sent me a text, asking that we meet up which I ignored, anyway. What I wanted was for him to try harder, I wasn't just going to give in after his first attempt and guess what, he didn't bother trying again. 

"That was because she was on honeymoon with her husband. I don't know, I will think about it anyway."

"Please do. It is a new club and it's my friend's." He locked our fingers tighter and raised them slightly. "It will be my first time there and I would love to go with you." He tilted his neck to the side, with his honey-brown orbs pleading, seductively. A smile found its way to my face, what a handsome man.

"Is it okay if my friend decides to join?"

"Of course," he smiled. "Anything for you, as long as you will be there with me."

"Okay," I shrugged, my eyes dancing around his face.

"Look Pearl," he leaned towards me, raised our locked fingers and wrapped his other large palm around it. "I only held myself back the first time because you were hurting. I am serious about everything I said the other day, I want something serious with you and I will want you to give me a chance this time." He said, seriously.  The whole time, my eyes were dancing around his face as I mentally counted the freckles scattered on his cheek and nose bridge. "You won't regret giving me a chance to love and care for you." He added.

Love? That one word dragged my attention back to what he was saying.

Brian was a good man, he had been nothing but good, understanding and patient with me, especially during the time I was dealing with my broken heart. If only I would grow intimate feelings for him, if only it was possible to just love someone in a way they wanted, I would for his kindness, fall in love with him. But it wasn't that way, instead, my heart was beating for annoying Kachi Phillips.

Maybe all I needed to do was give it more time, I needed to spend more time with Brian to be able to grow feelings for him.

All I needed was more time. I internally assured myself.

I equipped my face with a charming smile, "I don't know, you don't expect me to give you an answer right now, do you?" I asked and he slowly shook his head.

"Take your time but not too much time," he said.

I chuckled lightly. "Okay," I said and a smile spread his lips to the sides.

He released my hand and leaned back into his seat, "Is the friend that might be joining us, the one I met at the supermarket the other time?" He asked.

"Yes," I smiled, turning my face to him.

"Alright, keep me updated with whatever you plan to do. Even though it  seemed like she doesn't like me--"