011: First phone conversation

Pearl

After I left the hotel, leaving Kachi and James behind, I drove straight to my house.

James had asked that I stay longer but not only was I tired after the busy day I had at work, I was also tired of Kachi's attitude and rude ass mouth. I wondered how we were going to get this deal done, with that arrogant attitude of his but it wasn't much of a bother to me. Not like we had to go on a date or be in the same space every single day. We would only have to see each other, when any of us had to play our part.

Getting home, I went straight to the bathroom and had a nice bath, followed by my skincare routine before I retired to my comfy bed. What I decided to do next was put Geraldine on call. Even though we had talked about the wedding over the phone, I omitted the part where I met Kelvin because I knew she was going to be at my workplace, house and everywhere with me, waiting for him to appear again so she would beat him up. But now with Kachi in the picture, I knew I had to tell her everything.

"Baby," Geraldine's voice seeped through my phone speaker, immediately after she picked up my video call. I drew my blanket to my chest immediately after I heard thunder strike from outside. "I haven't seen you like in a year." She said and I couldn't help but cackle at that.

"How did not seeing me, in a few days turn into a year?" I asked in between laughs.

"Well, that is how it feels for me, you see I love you too much." She smiled.

"As long as you love me more," Femi, her husband slumped on the couch beside her and pecked her on the cheek.

His white teeth shined over his dark-skinned face, his eyebrows as thick as I could remember, and when his dark brown eyes settled into the camera, his face broke into a smile.

"Hey, Femi," I greeted, with a little wave.

"Pearl, how are you? I haven't had time to apologise for setting you up with my friend."

Geraldine tilted her face to him, "I told you to stop calling him that, he isn't your friend." She said causing her husband to chuckle.

They turned their attention back to me, "Okay, he is not my friend and I'm truly sorry, Pearl. I wasn't aware that he was that kind of person." He rubbed his palms together, in a pleading manner.

"It's fine, Femi, that is old news now. So how is my little Angel?"

"She is fine, sleeping at the moment," Geraldine said.

"I will leave you guys to talk," Femi said. He pecked his wife's cheek once again before he pulled himself off the couch.

Geraldine trailed her gaze behind him before she settled it back to me. "So what is the latest news, baby?" Her face lit up in a smile.

"Girl, first of all, I want to apologize for not telling you that I met Kelvin at the Wedding last weekend."

"What?" Geraldine sat up from the couch.

"Relax, relax, and listen to the whole story," I said and watched as she leaned back on the couch, giving me a questioning look.

"What Kelvin are you talking about, Pearl? The Kelvin that left you three years ago or?

"Of course, Yes," I chuckled.

"Tell me he isn't alive anymore?"

"Calm down Gee, do you want me to go to jail?"

"I would go for you, you know or maybe we can go together."

I cackled "What about Angel?"

"Her father will raise her," Geraldine said.