Chapter 9

A few weeks passed and the boys were back to their drama-free selves, normally acting in front of their classmates and sneaking around the dorms to see each other. They still had their training days with All Might so they got to see each other at least twice a week regardless of how often they couldn't sneak around. Eventually they were called into a meeting in All Might's office to talk about One for All moving forward, considering other possible quirks that could manifest as time goes on.

"Congrats on Blackwhip!" All Might praised.

"Thank you very much!" Izuku said with pride in himself as he bowed with respect to All Might.

"And excellent work from you too, young Bakugo." All Might said, pointing to Katsuki. The blonde was just sitting on the couch, head propped up with his hand with obvious boredom written all over his face. "There seems to be no limit to your potential."

"OBVIOUSLY!" Katsuki growled angrily while Izuku chuckled at him.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't figure everything out," All Might started, holding a notebook, "but you have to keep moving forward." He placed the notebook titled 'Previous Successor Quirks' 'Notes for Young Midoriya' on the table in front of the two boys. "The next step- is yours." All Might added intensely as Izuku stared at the notebook. "Read closely, I collected as many details about One For All's successors as possible. Unfortunately, I couldn't find as much as a whisper about the second or third users. Given the times that they lived through and the nature of the ability, the official records aren't going to be helpful to us. I'm also not sure what they knew about the power. If they realized how it worked, I'd assume they'd wanna help out future wielders."

"Who cares about a bunch of dead old heroes? I'm tired of wasting my time waiting for you guys to figure stuff out." Katsuki growled in annoyance. No matter the love he felt for Izuku deep down, he was genuinely serious about his boredom with the situation of One For All and there being slow new developments.

"When it comes to Blackwhip, I can only maintain the power for about one second so far. I haven't mastered any capture moves like Sero or Mr Aizawa," Izuku added seriously, "but as a support ability I think it's already a useful addition to my move set."

"You haven't had any contact with the past users since last time?" All Might asked while Katsuki picked up the notebook and flipped through the pages of notes. Izuku saw him in the corner of his eye and blushed at the amount of interest Katsuki was showing in his quirk.

"... No." Izuku replied.

Katsuki decided to read the notebook entry out loud about Blackwhip's original user, Hero Lariat.

"One thing is obvious, none of these people started with quirks that were worth mentioning, so it's no wonder I haven't heard of these nobodies." Katsuki said, looking down at the notebook.

"Huh? What are you talking about their powers are amazing!" Izuku replied.

"YEA, CUZ FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF A LOSER LIKE YOU ANY QUIRK IS AMAZING!" Katsuki growled back angrily.

"That's mean, you know how to hit me where it hurts..." Izuku said with a teasingly defeated face.

As the meeting went on, All Might got serious about All For One and the boys leaned in and listened with 100% of their attention. Izuku felt slight muscle twitches of anxiety as he heard the stories, feeling the responsibility he had on his shoulders. Katsuki threw the notebook down on the coffee table as he made a good point about the users. They all- died young? Izuku gasped in his seat.

"So? What quirk are you gonna make the damn nerd learn next?" Katsuki said in angry anticipation.

"The next power you should manifest... is Float." Both boys jolted at All Might's words. Izuku's mind was racing about Nana Shimura, All Might's master when suddenly, Katsuki jumped up.