Chapter 23

And just like that, the six short weeks of summer break were over. The new semester was beginning today, and the entire class was ecstatic to see the wonder duo. The sports festival was this semester and everyone was beyond excited. Izuku and Katsuki were even as competitive as the rest of their classmates. They were both determined to not take it easy on each other and reach for the top!

~

    "Alright class, welcome back. Don't tell me about your summer breaks because I really don't care." Aizawa started. "This year the sports festival is this semester. As we informed you last semester the sports festival is usually the first semester of the year, but the safety commission got involved with every class' work studies last semester so we had to push the sports festival per their request."

    "About time, I'm tired of waiting!" Ashido yelled out.

    "And can we please not have another feral Bakugo this year?" Aizawa gave Katsuki a pointed look.

    "As long as my opponent gives me everything they've got this time then yea, sure." Katsuki growled calmly as he rolled his eyes, propping his head up with his hand on his desk.

    "That's assuming Bakugo wins this time around." Shinso scoffed.

    "Um-" Izuku started before getting cut off from across the room.

    "YOU ARE DUMB AS FUCK IF YOU THINK I'M NOT GONNA WIN AGAIN THIS YEAR, I'M THE BEST!" Katsuki yelled aggressively, making Izuku giggle and forget what he was going to say.

    "Does that mean you aren't gonna take it easy on Midoriya?" Ojiro asked.

    "AS IF! HE MAY BE MY BOYFRIEND BUT HE'S STILL MY RIVAL!"

And that was it. That was what caused Izuku to clam up for the rest of the morning, with joy of course. Katsuki called him his boyfriend, in the middle of class. That was the first time he had ever heard Katsuki refer to him as his boyfriend, and he almost cried. He couldn't pay attention in any class for the rest of the day, but he was at least 'present' during lunch.

~

    "Izuku, you're not eating." Katsuki pointed out.

    "You think he's sick?" Eijiro asked from over Katsuki's shoulder.

    "He's right there you know." Shoto added, sitting on the other side of Izuku.

    "YEA BUT HE HASN'T SAID A DAMN THING ALL MORNING!" Katsuki yelled.

    "Kacchan..." Izuku whispered, making Katsuki shoot his gaze right to the boy next to him.

    "Izuku? Are you okay?" Katsuki asked concerned.

    "You- called me your boyfriend in class today..." Izuku huffed out.

    "Do you- not want me to?" Katsuki sulked.

    "NO NO it's not that it's just- it's the first time you've ever called me that! I'm just- I'm shocked and- really happy!" Izuku spoke up.

    "At least he's not sick!" Iida exclaimed from across the table.

    "You guys are so cute!" Uraraka giggled from next to Iida.

    "I feel like I can't be nice to him with you guys around!" Katsuki growled with a grumpy face, making Izuku giggle and snap back to reality. "It's really weird!"

    "Kacchan, it's cute!" Izuku said, giving him a quick peck on his cheek which made him blush deeply.

~

At the end of the day, Izuku was packing up with the Bakusquad waiting for him.

    "Deku! Are you sure you don't wanna go to the mall with us today?!" Uraraka whined.