Chapter 28

Izuku lost control and started falling out of the air. It was only about 9 feet up so he quickly assessed the fall and positioned himself for a Detroit Smash with 5% of OFA. Shoto was still stunned at the thought of Izuku in the air a few seconds earlier and didn't move, getting hit by Izuku's fist in his right cheek, barely missing his eye. Izuku landed on the cracked ice with enough traction to propel himself at Shoto and use his Shoot Style at 25% to knock him out of the ring. Shoto flew to the west side of the stadium, hitting the lower wall with his back and coughing hard. Katsuki's eyes had been stapled open since Izuku's jump.

    "And the winner of the match is Izuku Midoriya!" Mt. Lady announced. Everyone in the stands cheered as this was one of the most exciting fights of the main event. Izuku huffed on the ground of the fighting area, Shoto the same against the west wall. Iida and Uraraka were already rushing into the stadium to grab Shoto. Uraraka ran to Izuku first to ask if he was okay, to which Izuku said to help Shoto. The greenette looked up to the stands and locked eyes with Katsuki briefly before the blonde turned around and ran to Izuku's waiting room to meet him.

Mt. Lady announced an extended break before the final match, which luckily gave the boys some time to talk.

~

Back at Izuku's waiting room, the greenette was about to open the door when Katsuki quickly turned the corner.

    "Izuku what the hell was that!" He yelled.

    "What was- what?" Izuku asked with a bit of fear.

    "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN? You were FLOATING!"

    "Wait- what?"

    "YOUNG MIDORIYA!" A voice was heard down the hall. Sure enough, All Might in a big baggy suit was running after the boys.

    "ALL MIGHT?" Izuku yelped as his mentor ran at him.

    "Young Midoriya! Tell me what happened during that match!" All Might pressed.

    "You see, I don't actually know..."

    "You saw him float too right?" Katsuki asked All Might with attentive eyes.

    "So I wasn't wrong, he did kinda hang out in the air a bit long didn't he?" All Might asked the blonde.

    "Izuku, are you sure you don't know anything about what happened?"

    "No, I really don't. How long did I 'float' for?"

    "Probably about a few seconds, seven or eight, maybe more." All Might replied.

    "I'm sorry what!?" Izuku asked. "To me it just felt like one or two seconds, not seven or eight." a collective 'hm' was heard from Katsuki and All Might as Izuku closed his eyes, trying to remember what happened during the fight. Then it happened again, a flash of Nana Shimura. He jolted his eyes open again and spoke up. "I think I know what happened."

    "I think I may know too..." Katsuki chimed in.

    "All Might... When I was in the air, I closed my eyes and- I saw the seventh user... she- spoke to me."

    "You saw my master? Then my theory is correct."

    "You unlocked Float didn't you?" Katsuki growled.

    "You think so?" Izuku replied.

    "Well we don't have time to test it, your match is up next. Are you two ready to fight each other?" All Might put his hands on the boys' shoulders. Izuku grabbed Katsuki's hand and looked at him with a sincere smile.