Chapter 19

The week flew by and finally it was exam week. First up were the academic exams. Monday meant Japanese and Math exams and Izuku was very prepared thanks to his study sessions with Katsuki and Eijiro. Tuesday was English, Physics, and World History, and Wednesday was Japanese History and Science. Thursday was the last day for teams to reserve time at the gyms and training grounds, so the day was free for each partnership to train. Friday started off with Hero Lessons exam, and then after lunch meant their physical exams would begin.

    "Alright students, it is finally time to show us what you've been working so hard on." Aizawa starts. "Welcome to the Hero Partners Exam. Each team of two will be pit against another team, the team to win getting an automatic pass. There are three ways to win: Incapacitating, restraining, or detaining both opponents. There is a key piece to fighting these battles: ultimate team moves. Impress me. If your team ends up losing the battle, there's still a way for you to pass. The exam will be score based, gaining points for specific activities during the battle. This is where ultimate team moves play a huge role: they can gain you a ton of points. You can also gain points with effective communication between you and your partner, and effective offensive or defensive moves made during the battle."

    "Yeah yeah we've heard this speech already, draw the first team!" Katsuki yelled impatiently.

    "KACCHAN!" Izuku yelled in disappointment.

    "Hm, alright." Aizawa said as he put his hand into a box of small paper slips. He pulls out a slip from the red box and a slip from the blue box. "Alright, first match is Uraraka and Asui vs Aoyama and Jirou. Second match is Koda and Sato vs Kaminari and Sero. Third match is Iida and Hagakure vs Todoroki and Yaoyorozu. Fourth match is Shinso and Ojiro vs Shouji and Tokoyami. And the final match is Bakugo and Midoriya vs Kirishima and Ashido. Alright, first two teams your exam is right here in Ground Omega, everyone else who's not testing come with me."

As both teams walked to their starting points in Ground Beta, the other students followed Aizawa to the screen room to watch or there was a waiting room next door. Both teams had 15 minutes to devise a plan before their exam started. Izuku watched every single fight leading up to his own.

~

As the first fight concluded, the winners were Uraraka and Asui. Aoyama and Jirou actually came really close at one point when Jirou released a Heartbeat Surround which had the other team on the ground holding their ears, but right as Jirou and Aoyama started their ultimate attack, Tsu pulled Uraraka away and threw her right at Aoyama who couldn't aim his Naval Laser appropriately. She made him start floating which made him nauseous and just out of reach of Jirou in the sky, so it gave the girls enough time to distract Jirou while Tsu carried a floating Aoyama to jail and then going after him as well.

Next match was Koda and Sato versus Kaminari and Sero. The blonde held a hand up for Sero, pumping themselves up for the win while they walked to the other side of Ground Gamma. This round definitely had an imbalance of distance fighters.

~

And with the conclusion of the second match, Kaminari and Sero were victorious. The other team rarely has a chance. Sato was at a severe disadvantage with him being up against two distance fighters, so he had to depend mostly on Koda and any animals he could send their way. They got a chance to use at least one ultimate team move, but they didn't think it would get them enough points to pass.

Next match was Iida and Hagakure versus Todoroki and Yaoyorozu. Both teams immediately started strategizing when heading to different sides of Ground Beta.

    "This location for our exam is tricky, with our final binding ultimate move we'd have to make sure that we could get them out in the open." Todoroki said in monotone.