Chapter 24

Time flew by and it was finally the day of the second year sports festival. The first years had their sports festival the day before, so now it was time for the second year's to shine.

The boys slept together again last night, this time in Izuku's bedroom. As much as Katsuki hated the excessive All Might merch, he sucked it up for his boy. They both woke up just on time to get ready, not too early and not too late.

    "Good morning, little bunny." Katsuki yawned as Izuku squirmed in his grip to stretch.

    "Good morning, Kacchan!" Izuku said cheerfully in a yawn, turning over to face Katsuki.

    "You ready for today?"

    "I'm a little nervous, I wonder what events they are gonna have this year." Izuku said as he cupped his boyfriend's cheek.

    "You ready to fight me today?" Katsuki asked with a smirk.

    "You think we'll have to fight each other?" Izuku asked as he rubbed his thumb on the blonde's cheek.

    "Seeing as we are in the top three of our class, unless you lose to Shoto again you'll absolutely be fighting me." Katsuki said as he also cupped the cheek of his boy. "And you have to promise me you won't hold back, I mean it. Fight me harder than you love me."

    "I promise Katsuki I promise, I'm not gonna hold back." Izuku said as he smiled and leaned in to kiss his boy.

    "You have Blackwhip now too, are you gonna use it?" Katsuki asked.

    "I don't see why I wouldn't..."

~

    "Now for introductions!" Mt. Lady yelled over the microphone. For this year's sports festival, the second year's chief umpire was Mt. Lady. "Our second year representative this year is Hitoshi Shinso from the hero course!"

    "Woah Shinso?" Izuku said under his breath as Shinso winked at him, walking up to the podium.

    "Everybody do their best, remember anyone can become a hero." He said very unthusiastically over the microphone. Everyone clapped and cheered, and finally it was time to announce the first event.

    "Alright everyone, it's time to get excited! The first game of the festival is upon us!" Mt. Lady announced. A giant billboard with a randomized appeared behind her and started shuffling through the possibilities. The billboard landed on: Maze. "Oh yes! That's so exciting!"

     "A maze?! Fuck." Katsuki said under his breath, grabbing Izuku's hand in front of them as they stood in the crowd. Izuku looked back with concern, noticing Katsuki's determined face. We can do this, we can get through the first event together, I promise Kacchan.

    "All eleven of the second year classes will be in this maze! The maze is set in Ground Eta! You are free to do whatever you want to win, but you cannot fly over the maze walls, there's a ceiling to prevent you from doing so!" Mt. Lady said sassily over the mic.

    "Woah Ground Eta? We haven't been over there yet!" Izuku exclaimed surprised.

    "Ground Eta is a huge open training area, it's nearly as giant as Ground Omega." Iida informed next to Izuku. "I wonder if Cementoss made the walls..."

    "Alright everyone, make your way outside the stadium and we will take you to Ground Eta!" Mt. Lady addressed.

Katsuki and Izuku kept holding each other's hand as they looked at each other with determination. They got several whispers from the classes around them about their public display of affection, but they ignored it because of the adrenaline coursing through their veins.