chapter 13

The old doctor waved to Ethan, and Ethan immediately walked forward with his rattan backpack.

When the old doctor, who was still calm, saw the medicinal plants inside the rattan backpack, his eyes were full of shock.

Ethan was overjoyed, knowing that this thing is probably very valuable.

In this era when medicines are scarce, a ginseng is worth a fortune.

The old doctor pulled Ethan to the back of the clinic.

"Did you dig out these things by yourself?"

"Yes doctor, I live near the mountain and earn a living by always selling some medicinal herbs." Ethan respectfully said.

"You are a very lucky man, such a bag of rare herbs is enough to earn a lot of money." The old doctor's eyes were full of joy.

Ethan has a sincere face, the old doctor also came from a child of a poor family back then, so he really couldn't be too cruel to deceive others for greater benefits, he is not a greedy person like others who just tasted the sweetness of being rich and forget where they came from.

The old doctor lowered his voice and said: "If someone else sells this ginseng, I will give him five hundred taels of coins at most but you are a good young man. I will give you one thousand taels for this ginseng, six hundred taels of Saffron and for the other Herd, they are not worth much, so I will add another twenty taels for it. The total is one thousand and six hundred twenty taels of silver coins. No one will offer a higher price than me."

Ethan originally calculated that these things were worth about only a hundred taels.

Since it is the medical clinic with the best reputation in this city, Ethan didn't want to mess around any more, he happily nodded as a response.

"Doctor don't worry I will sell these medicinal herbs to you."

The old doctor was overjoyed, and immediately laughed then said: "If you find such a good thing in the future, you can always come here again, I will definitely not treat you badly."

The old doctor took the rattan backpack from Ethan, bent down to check it again, then called his apprentice outside to give some instructions, and the apprentice hurried out.

"My child don't worry, there are too many silver coins to give, I have to ask someone to go to the bank to get a paper money now so you can sit down first and have a cup of tea while waiting."

The old doctor said to Ethan with a smile.

"This junior is not in a hurry but my wife is still outside waiting for me. If you don't mind, can I immediately leave after I get the money. It's the first time he goes out into a big city with me and he is a little shy and timid, I'm afraid something bad will happen to him." Ethan wasn't afraid that the old doctor wouldn't give him money, he was just worried that Yuki would be anxious if he waited for a long time.

As soon as he heard that Ethan had brought his wife along, the old doctor enthusiastically asked the apprentice to immediately go and get the paper money inside the bank.

This thousand taels of silver is indeed not a small amount for people living in the countryside but if you want to buy a house in a big City like this City, You can only buy the most remote and small places here, let alone buy a house and lot in the capital to settle in.

After leaving the medical clinic, Ethan took Yuki to an inn. After the two had a full meal, Ethan took Yuki's hand and whispered: "Wife, I'm going out to exchange the one thousand and twenty taels of silver paper money for a hundred taels of silver coins. When I leave later, you lock the door. The remaining six hundred paper money will be given to you. Except for you and me, we must not let anyone know about this money, our wealth should not be exposed to others."

If you pick up one thousand taels of silver coins in there Town, it will definitely be coveted by thieves.

But in this City, the one thousand paper money is nothing at all.

So if Ethan wants to exchange it here so that it will be much more convenient to use in the future.

Hot air sprayed on Yuki's ears and a layer of red mist floated faintly on the tips of his ears while nodding obediently.

His husband said that he would be the one holding their money, which means that his husband really believed in him.

This realization made Yuki extremely happy. He really likes his husband now.

Yuki sewed a pocket on his inner clothes to put the remaining paper money.

...........................

The next morning, After breakfast the two of them rented a bullock cart to go home.

Yuki carefully looked and counted the things they bought. They also bought gifts for brother John, Gerald, Richard and Anthony.

"I'm going to ask them to come over for dinner later and I will also delivered their gifts."

Then Ethan received system 005 notifications last night that made him happy except to the part that 005 took 26 % from it again.

[Ding! Yuri's favorability towards you has reached 70%! You received 5,000 points from it! Congratulations host for selling a thousand year old ginseng and saffron so here are twenty thousand credits for you! I also have good news! I already sold the ginseng and saffron for the price of five hundred thousand credits and you will only get three hundred and seventy thousand, I still got 26% from it!] System 005 happily said.

................................

After arriving the two were carrying big and small bags, a handsome husband behind him, Yuki suddenly felt a sense of satisfaction.

After delivering things and inviting people to the house as guests, the four of them were amazed.

"Second brother your house feels like a newly made house!" Antony happily said.

Ethan brought the freshly cooked pork to the table and said with a smile: "When you get married, you will know what it feels to have a happy life."

"Seeing how happy you are and first brother, I also want to get married soon."

Antony pursed his lips and looked at Ethan with envy.

Anthony always admired his second brother Ethan, he really is a good and smart man.

"Next year, Aunt will definitely find someone for you. Remember to prepare for your wedding!" Ethan froze there after finishing speaking.

Recalling the memories of the original owner, he seemed to understand Yuki's thoughts now.

Does Yuri always think that they're not married yet that's why he was distant to the original owner's touching him?

Because Yuki's father was born as an elegitimate child and married a servant twins, his thinking is that he needs a wedding and a marriage certificate to prove his identity as the legal wife. It turns out that his knot has always been those things.

All the missing pieces have been put together and many things that Ethan couldn't figure out before are all understood now.

...........................

Anthony rarely blushed, he pursed his lips and said: "My mother said that if I can earn enough money for the bride price and have a stable job this year, she will definitely find me a bride."

Since Anthony took back the money last time, he was praised by his mother for a long time.

"This is a good thing! When you have a wife in the future, you must have a stable job to earn a living. You can't let your wife and children starve with you." Ethan nodded in agreement, he felt that what auntie Anderson said made sense.

"Second brother bring me with you next time you go to the mountains. I'll help you." Anthony looked at Ethan expectantly, the only way he could think of to make money now was to ask his second brother to take him.

Yuki who came over to deliver the food, happened to hear Anthony's words, so he couldn't help turning his gaze towards his husband, waiting for him to speak.

His husband promised him that he would never go into the mountains again last night.