chapter 15

After the two arrived inside the Town they went straight to a cloth shop. Yuki was dazzled by the beautiful silk and cotton fabric.

He has always liked embroidery because it was the skill his daddy teaches him.

Ethan picked out a piece of linen that poor people would use in their homes and planned to let Yuki make two sets of ordinary clothes, which he would wear when he went to work in the fields.

They bought silk and two cotton fabric, Yuki thought it was expensive and refused to allow Ethan to buy it but he insisted on it.

The color white and blue is clearly suitable for Ethan to use.

Seeing the shopkeeper wrapping the cloth and happily delivering it to Ethan, Yuki couldn't help but feel his heart beat faster and faster again.

Ethan looks extremely handsome, this is the first time Yuki has looked at Ethan's whole appearance boldly staring.

Yuki seems to be unable to remember the sloppy and bad-tempered "Ethan" in the past. The wounds in his heart are gradually getting healed and wants to be greedy by Ethan's love.

Perhaps it was his husband who treated him too well that gave him such greed.

After leaving the cloth shop, Ethan took Yuki to buy some vegetable seeds that can grow in the winter season.

Then Ethan took Yuki to buy a cage of chickens and ducks, and also bought a cute fluffy little dog along the way because he found out Yuki was very fond of animals.

Yuki hugged the little dog cub in the cage like he was holding some kind of baby, his heart was extremely happy.

"There is not much rice and noodles left at home. I will buy some vegetables and we will go back. I will buy a lot of pork fat later. The two of us may not be able to carry so many things. How about I hire a bullock cart?"

Although Ethan was discussing with Yuki, he had already made a decision. Even if Yuki disagreed, he would still hire a bullock cart.

After walking from their Village, he regretted it. Yuki rarely goes out on weekdays, how can he compare his physic to his.

Fortunately this time Yuki happily nodded.

With the bullock cart, Yuki also wanted to buy more things to take back so as not to make another trip next time. Yuki offered to buy new books and Ethan naturally wouldn't object to what his wife wanted to buy as long as he had the money to buy it.

There was a shop selling jewelry near the bookstore. When Yuki was seriously picking out books, Ethan secretly bought a silver pendant and a hairpin and put it in his clothes pocket.

When everything is ready, all that is left is to buy pork fat because beef fat is more expensive than pork.

"Husband we might as well buy more pork to stock~"

Ethan looked at Yuki unexpectedly, why did his stingy wife suddenly become so generous when it comes to food?

Then he heard him say: "First, third, fourth and fifth brothers have helped us so much, buying some meat to give them is our gift for their help."

Ethan nodded with a smile, feeling more and more happy in his heart that he was lucky to meet such a good wife.

The handsome man happily talked and held the twin hand while smiling  and whispering around the boy's ear. The twin blushingly pushes the handsome man. This scene stunned the father and son who suddenly appeared in the corner.

"Dad do you think that man looks like that bastard Yuki?" The slim twin said and looked at the young couple inside the meat shop in disbelief.

The handsome man bought half a pig meat, is that handsome man Yuki's husband?

But Dad clearly said that Yuki was bought by a perverted poor man. Could it be that he was sold to a rich family as a concubine?

In his opinion, even the richest man in this town is not as handsome and has a good temperament as the man beside Yuki.

"It looks a bit like him. If it's really him, then this little bitch seems to be living a better life than us now!" The man who spoke was none other than Yuki's uncle, who had personally sold several concubine sons in the mansion as a slave before, including Yuki.

The boy who called that man's father was his son, Allan and also Yuki's cousin.

Although Allan is only two years younger than Yuki, the two of them lived their lives very differently since they were young.

One is a son born in a legitimate son of Yuki's grandfather and the other is born as a son of a concubine who is not even as good as a slave. How can they be compared to each other?

Just after selling a few concubines in the mansion, the life in Santos family didn't improve for long and within two months Yuki's grandfather died.

Yuki's uncle  dismissed the servants in the mansion, leaving only a few servants. But those servants couldn't stand his uncle's ignorance and they all ran away with a lot of valuable things in their house.

Although Yuki's uncle reported it to the government, but the Santos family  had already been left out and the government didn't bother to care about them.

In desperation Yuki's uncle had no choice but to sell the Santos mansion and moved to a small house with his sons. If the money from selling the house was saved, they could still live a better life than village people.

But they're all lavish people. Yuki's uncle spends money lavishly everyday.

In desperation Yuki's uncle turned his mind on his twin son. After all he still favors his son so he thought about marrying his twin son out and asking for more gifts so that he can have money to spend.

It just so happened that the butcher Jacob Reyes fell in love with Allan and was willing to offer a lot of dowry worth ninety taels to marry him.

Although Allan was unwilling, he doesn't have the right to stop it. The matter of marriage between the two is basically settled.

The father and son wanted to ask Jacob for some pork meat at this time but they didn't expect to meet Yuki.

Allan bit his lip tightly, a hint of jealousy floated in his eyes, why should a lowly slave live better than him now?!

Yuki's husband is not only handsome and has a good temperament but he also loves him very much.

Jacob treated Allan well but he is a fat man and has a disgusting meaty smell of blood all over his body.

If he can marry such a handsome husband, it is worthwhile to get less dowry as long as he can steal that man from Yuki then he felt happy.

Allan thought about going to Ethan and Yuki's area but was stopped by his father.

"What are you doing?!" Yuki's uncle said and cast a disapproving glance at Allan.

Actually Yuki's uncle is not a good person he is just afraid. If that bitch really climbs up to a powerful family, it would be bad if his son offended that handsome man beside Yuki.

After all, he didn't treat Yuki's family well in the past.

"Dad I'm just going over and saying hello. Dad Yuki is living a much better life now so he can't let us and you as his elder be ignored, right?" Allan still feels that all the good things in this world should belong to him and a slave like Yuki is not worthy to be cared for.

"I know what you're thinking so you had better stop now." Yuki's uncle took Allan's arm to prevent him from going, until the two left and rode a bullock cart, the father and son came out.