chapter 14

How could Ethan not know what his wife was thinking, since he had promised him, he would never break his promise.

"Youngest I do have something I want to talk to all of you. Although there are valuable things inside the mountains, it also has dangerous animals so I plan to start a small business by myself in the future with your help. It is up to you if you want to join me." As soon as Ethan finished speaking, the plate in Yuki's hand was also put on the table.

As if nothing happened, Yuki quietly backed out.

You can see the smile in the corner of his eyes while leaving.

"Doing business? But none of us know how to do it. Besides doing business requires a lot of money for a start-up. Where can we get money?" John was the first to speak, he knew that Ethan was quick-witted but such whimsical things were always unrealistic because he knows that expectations are always different from reality.

"We don't need much money doing it, I already save enough here, the problem is workers so I need people to sell it." Ethan said with a smile.

He needs help because his strength alone is not enough after all, these people are people he can trust, that's why Ethan dared to speak out his thoughts in front of them.

"Okay so what business do you want to start?" Richard asked.

"Yes what type of business are we going to do?" Gerald added.

Ethan briefly said that he was going to make soap that could be used for laundry and bathing but they were confused and didn't understand at all what he wanted to portray.

"Forget it when I finish doing it in two days, I will send it to you for a test, then you will understand what it's purpose are." Ethan simply stopped explaining to them about these things and everything will be clear when things are made.

Suddenly thinking of an important matter, Ethan hastily put down his spoon and asked Richard: "Third brother I want to find someone to build a courtyard wall."

"Building a courtyard wall?"

Richard looked at Ethan suspiciously, then poked his head out to look outside and said: "Second brother, isn't this wall is still pretty good? Why do you want to build a courtyard wall when it's still good?"

Richard was worried that if Ethan  would spend all his family's savings into useless things again, so he wanted to ask more questions.

"If I go out to do business in the future, my wife Yuki will have to be alone at home. He is weak and a timid one. I want to build up the courtyard wall and replace it with a stronger and higher wall so that he won't be afraid at home staying alone." Ethan didn't hide anything and bluntly said.

He has to let his brothers know how much he cares about Yuki so that if he is not around in the future, they will not neglect him.

"Second brother is really a doting husband, always thinking of brother-in-law." Anthony happily said.

"Well I love to pamper my wife, when you get married you will also feel what I feel." Ethan happily joked with Anthony.

"If it's just a job like building a courtyard wall, we your brothers can do it so why spend money to find someone else to build it for you." Although John and the others can't do work like repairing a house, it is not difficult for them to build a courtyard wall.

Ethan didn't intend to live here permanently so he didn't think about how to make the wall presentable, as long as it was safe then it's fine.

Since John said so, he would not refuse it.

"That would be the best, don't worry brothers, the wages will still be paid."

"We are all brothers, why are you still talking about paying us? Just ask our brother-in-law to cook us more delicious dishes."

John smiled and waved his hands. Although their family is not rich, they never thought of coveting others money.

"Food will be provided by me and wages will still be given. Brothers if you don't want it, then I can only find someone else to build it."

After the matter was settled, Ethan drew a blueprint and put the size of the courtyard wall by himself in the paper and set aside the position of the door and went to the Carpenter to order a wide and thick door, which was absolutely strong.

Farmers don’t pay much attention to building houses with bricks and tiles because the cost is too high. Only big families can afford blue bricks and red tiles.

After buying the materials, he was ready to start to work. Ethan also spent some copper coins to hire the children in the village to go pick up some small stones. He planned to pave a gravel road from the entrance of the main house to the door so that if it would rain it would not be muddy to step on it.

........................

Looking at the newly built courtyard wall and the small garden area Ethan specially built for him in the corner, Yuki was extremely satisfied and happy.

This is what he imagined his home would look like.

"Wife I'm going to the town to buy something today, do you have anything you want?" Ethan packed up his things and prepared to go out and he didn't forget to ask a question before leaving.

He needs fats, like the fat rendered from a slaughtered cow, sheep or a goat to put together with water and an alkaline like lye, a caustic substance derived from wood ashes to make a soap for clothes then he will also make women's, twins and men's soap for bathing.

Yuki pursed his lips and looked at Ethan, it was clear that he wanted something.

"You are now the richest wife in this village. You can buy whatever you want and you don't have to worry about what others would say to you."
Ethan thought he was reluctant, so he stepped forward with a smile and teasingly said.

"I want some new silk fabric to make you jackets for the upcoming winter." Yuki lowered his eyes and whispered, the weather is going to get cold soon, Yuki wants to get all these things ready before winter comes.

Ethan boldly grabbed Yuki's hand holding his sleeve and gently said: "Wife really cared for me, you I'm very happy. If that's the case, why don't you go with me, don't you always want to raise me? Do you want some vegetables seeds? Let’s go buy them together and we also buy some chicken so that we’ll be able to eat eggs in winter. Then I’ll dig out for you the land in this area so that you can plant the vegetables you like to eat the most."

When Yuki heard this, how could he refuse?

Raising poultry and growing vegetables in the yard is something Yuki has always wanted to do. He didn't have the conditions before but now that all things are set up, he is looking forward to doing that!

Although the town is the place he least wants to go the most but now that his husband is here, he is not afraid of anything.

The two went out together and locked the door. Ethan directly took Yuki's hand, looking very natural on his face but his heart was already beating faster and faster.

Yuki's fingers moved but he didn't break free from Ethan's hand entanglement.

Ethan is very satisfied with Yuki's behavior.