Just This Once

Daniels at the bar when I walk in, eyes on the door

Eyes on me.

Nowhere to hide.

And I don't want to.

So I won't. I saunter up, confident by his face alone I picked the right outfit. Sparkly and just sheer enough to see a little much. A dress for celebrating in.

And tonight I feel like celebrating.

Like not holding back.

"Hi." I walk right up the bar next to him, careful to seem I'm not there for him but a drink only.

"Hell of a dress." He compliments with a whistle. A smile I didn't approve of pulls it's way into my face, but I say nothing. "Is there some reason you don't speak to me anymore?" Daniel calls it like it is, no bullshitting.

Yes. "I don't like you." I cock and eyebrow and turn my head to meet his eye.

But I don't think you really want to get into that tonight. Don't think I really do.

Confusion clouds his eyes, not sure if I'm being serious or what he could have done.

Deciding not to "You wound me," He grabs his chest like he'd be shot and accompanies it with a smile and little chuckle. I love how he never takes anything to seriously "I'll have to fix that."

"Oh?" I ask, sipping on the drink that arrived just in time.

"Have dinner with me." He isn't asking, he's suggesting. Like he's sure I'll say yes. Like I did before.

"No." I turn him down, the one thing he isn't used to.

"Oh, is that only reserved for the likes of Pierre now?" Daniel plays his cards, revealing his jealously.

Interesting.

"Reserved for no one." I retort.

He's intrigued now, adding "He doesn't even buy you dinner then?" with a snort.

I can't help but roll my eyes.

He's pushing my buttons and he knows it "The sex is good enough." I push his in return. Daring him to show a flicker of jealousy.

Not to mention I couldn't even stay the night with him, for thinking of you.

A frown moves into place in his face. "You deserve more than that."

Oh.

As if he'd know much about that.

"And you'd be the man to know?" My voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Let me take you out and I'll prove it." He's confident like always, flashing that million dollar smile.

I bet he would.