Well, Well, Well

I'm fit to be tied after yesterdays row with Pierre

Even boarding the flight for summer vacation on a yacht isn't quite pulling me out of it.

I used to have my head on my shoulders.

Now a few weeks in close proximity to a few men who drive fast cars has lost me of all ability to use it.

What the hell is happening to me?

I get onboard with Max who gives me a small smile. We're early so George and Carmen can't be too far behind but chances are high Charles and Amelia won't be so on time.

It is their plane so I can't complain.

My phone rings, only to be fucking Pierre.

Whose call I'm categorically not taking right now. I roll my eyes and send it to voicemail while Max gives me a knowing look.

And he does know.

Pierre has a short temper after all.

Amelia had said, and I didn't believe her.

Just like she'd said Max was a softy, and I didn't believe her.

Perhaps I should learn my lesson.

"Why do I always pick the wrong men?" I ask max, throwing my feet up onto the chair with a snort.

A rhetorical question, but an aussie acccent I wasn't expecting answers "Or do the wrong men always pick you?"

Daniel.

Signature grin and bag in hand.

There goes my heart, racing again.

"What are you doing here?" Asking the all too obvious question.

"Looks like going on holiday with you sweet heart." He takes the seat across from me, and my stomach flutters.

Fucking Amelia.

She didn't tell me he was coming.

Of course she didn't. Charles was right, she really has been watching too much of the Indian Match Maker lately.

"Oh," My clear surprise only encourages his smile.

But I can't complain about spending my break with him.

There's no way we can avoid a conversation with three weeks at sea, so I might as well rip off the bandaid now.

"Enjoy the rest of your night?" I ask about the party, starting early. After the issue with Pierre I left early. Needed to pack anyways.

"Better than yours." Daniel teases and Max can't help but snort in laughter.

He's got me there. My cheeks flush at the mention of last night's embarrassment & I stick my tongue out in response.

A very mature well thought through adult response.

Which only makes the laughter worse.

Well, well, well.

This is shaping up to be a very interesting break after all.