Chapter 2

Hey friends! 🙋 I know a lot can't relate to the story because the names have been changed. I have received requests to keep the original names, so doing it just for the sake of my dearest readers..enjoy!

*******************

Late afternoon. All important officials have gathered around the conference room for the presentation to begin..

Saanjh on the other hand, looks all nervous and invested in this when Sudha calls her to a corner..

"Are you okay?"

"Obviously nehi Ma'am!"..replies Saanjh instantly..

"What nonsense..?! Aur itni nervous kyun ho?"

"Pata nehi kyun hoon! But whenever I get to see Sidharth Sir, I feel like mere dono kidneys bahar ajayenge!"

Sudha can't help but smirks..

"Okayy..! Don't worry, you can do this! I trust your abilities!".. she taps on her head, trying to motivate her because somewhere as a boss she is well aware of her strength..

*************

After the presentation..

"So Ms. Saanjh Kaur Sana? Am I taking your name properly?"..asks Sidharth..

"Haan ji apne tou pura naam hi le liya.."..she gulps nervously..

"Ok what would you prefer me calling you?"

"Anything that comes easy for you!"..she replies..

"Ok then I think Sana sounds easier..So, Sana your budget plan seems quite realistic and the target seems achievable as well. So good job on that...however, I had one concern regarding this entire investment. But before I come to that, I would like to see a competitor analysis from your end.."

"Main?!"..she literally widens her eyes..

"Yes..do you have any problem with that?"

"Hain na problem!"

Sidharth frowns at her to know further..

"And what is that?"

"Sir dekhiye budgeting and planning can be done by anyone but doing a swot or competitor analysis is not everyone's cup of tea..! I haven't done it before and I don't think I can come up with anything impressive as well.."..she replies very spontaneously..

"But if I say that I believe you can do it..?"... Sidharth is willing to test her confidence here..

"Mar jayegi tu Sana! Kuch kar!!"..she murmurs to herself..

"Kya hua Saanjh.. Sidharth tumse kuch puch raha hai..answer him!"

"Sir, can I confirm you tomorrow?"..she asks..

Sidharth sighs..
"Okay..I will need to assign this to someone else if you are not doing it..so get back to me by tomorrow morning.."

"Sure Sir.."

"So ladies and gentlemen, we will finish it here today. I will take this discussion further after we get a competitor analysis done..".. Sidharth ends the meeting on a good note and leaves the conference room with his Mom..

**************

Sana at home..

"Masi, what's the matter? Padeshan ho?"..asks Ruhi, Sana's niece who lives with her in the same apartment and has come to Delhi for her higher studies..

"Hmm..."..she keeps scrolling down her phone to look for a standard competitor analysis..

Sana's reply concerns Ruhi more..

"Aap theek tou ho na?!"

Sana turns back to Ruhi and gives her an annoying look..
"Kya problem hai tujhe? Shant nehi baith sakti kuch der?"

"Main tou shant baith jaungi lekin aap aise chup chap leti ho tou kuch hazam nehi ho raha hai mujhe..batao na Masi, kya masla hai?"

Sana gets up to sit against the head rest and keeps her mobile at a side..

"Ruh! Woh khadoos mereko maar dalega kaam karwa karwa ke!"

"Kaun khadoos?"..Ruhi looks at her curiously..

"Areh wahi! Sidharth Gupta, Ma'am ka beta! Ek number ka khadoos hai! Babaji kyun laye aap isko idhar?!"

"Koi na Masi, aap baas apna kaam karna..focus on your work and just ignore him!"

"Aabe woh mera direct boss hai abhi! I will need to report to him! Hayeee..mere achhe din tou gaye..!"..says Sana dramatically..

Ruhi giggles..

"Hayee kaisi hai tu! Tujhe hasi arahi hai?!"

"Nehi nehi Masi! I am sorry! Ok so on a serious note, have patience..I think he will be fond of you very soon.."

Sana starts fidgeting in tension..

********

Next day...

Sana ran a few minutes behind schedule..

"Saanjh.. Sidharth Sir was asking for you! Jaldi ja.."..says Mayuri..

"Itni jaldi?!"..Sana didn't expect a boss to arrive so early..

"Haan! Now go..".. insists Mayuri..

*************

She knocks on his door.

"Please come in.."

"Sir..? Aapne bulaya?"

"Sana..Good Morning.."

"Good Morning Sir.."

"So, you are exactly 11 minutes late..I have just checked the record of your finger prints . They don't look impressive to me!"

"Woh Sir, meri yeh Scooty isn't treating me well!

Sidharth looks to the other side diffuse this unnecessary information..

"Theek hai, abhi kaam ki baat kare Sana?

"Haan ji..sorry.."

"It's okay.. aage se dhyaan rakhna..anyway, have you given it a thought?"

"Haan ji, I have tried making a skeleton last night.."

"Great! I am glad that you are atleast trying"

"Sir ek baat puchun if you don't mind?"..she asks hesitantly..

"Sure.."

"Why did you assign me this work, jab ki I am sure aap ko pata hai, I am not an expert.."

Sidharth smiles subtly and says..
"Although it's too early to say anything but I liked your presentation yesterday. I found it very precise and informative.."

"Sacchi?!"

He now makes a straight face..

"I am sorry! Woh koi tareef kare tou main thodi si hyper ho jati hoon.."

Sidharth doesn't know how to react on this..so he prefers to discuss business...."Ok email me the skeleton you made and lets discuss this after lunch.."

"Sure Sir..main jaun?"

"Hmm.."

Sana turns around to leave when..

"Ek second Sana.."

"Haan ji?"

"You can call me Sidharth..! Sir isn't required at all.."

She only smiles and comes out of his cabin with a confusing face and walks upto her desk to sit calmly for a while..

**************

I want to know if you all are liking it! So don't forget to place your comment to let me know your views on this chapter...🫂