Chapter 28

"Kya ajib musibat hai! Sidharth ruk jaiye na..! You are having fever!"

He grabs his car keys from the hall and barges out of the house in a rage..!

"Kya baat hai Saanjh?"..Sudha Mom is concerned seeing him trailing out of the hall in that manner..!

She takes aback, she is sure that she can't share this with her!
"Wohh Mom..dekhiye na he is having fever! Aur upar se gussa karke kahi chale gaye!"

"Tum dono bhi na! Hadh kar dete ho!"..Mom gets pissed on both for a change!

"Sorry Mom! Ekbar aap call karlijiye na!"..she pleads..

"Bilkul nehi! He knows that he is having fever! Kuch bhi ho jaye, usko bahar nehi jana chahiye tha!"...Mom affirms and turns back to walk into her room instead..

"Arehh yaar!!"..she tries calling him but as expected, can't get through..

*************

Sidharth dials a number..

"Are you fucking mad?!!"...he whines!

"Kyun ab kya kar diya maine?!"...it's Ragini from the other side..

"How inhuman are you?! Woh ek masum ladki hai yaar! I can't believe you!"

Ragini smirks!
"Masum?! Oh sure! If I am not wrong yeh wahi masum ladki hai na who slept with her boss right before he was all set to marry someone else!!"

"Stop ridiculing and nothing as such had happened that night! Waise bhi yeh samajh neke liye ek healthy dimaag chaiye, jo tumhare paas hai nehi! Now just tell me, kya chahiye tumhe ab?!"

"Who the hell are you to give me anything?! You are no less Mr. Gupta! You were equally into this! I hate both of you now!"..she infuriates..!

"I can see an evil in you Ragini! I can't believe I loved you! How could you pass those pictures to her man?! She must have felt horrible!"..he feels so defeated now!

"Oh please!! Stop this nonsense! You have crushed every bit of respect and dignity I used to hold for myself!! You have cheated on me Sid! Maaf nehi karungi main! Do you understand?!"...she literally screams!

"Abeyy you have lost it! Go, get yourself checked!!"...he feels disgusted..!

She gives out an evil laugh and asks..."Waise ek baat batao, did she like the pictures?! Sexy na?!"

Sidharth can't believe his ears! He could never imagine her like this!

He leaves an exhale and says..
"Dekho I don't have time for your shit! Yes, I loved you and I did that with all my conviction! Manta hoon it was wrong on my part to have a weak moment with Sana but fortunately, I am glad that this happened!"

"What the fuck do you mean by that?!"...Ragini gets agitated!

"Yes, I said exactly what you heard! I am glad it happened warna main kabhi nehi samajh pata that you had all intents to separate me from my mother! Anyway, let's  come to the point now, look Ragini, I don't want to do this but if you don't stop harassing her, you know my limit!"

"Ohh shit! Main dar gayi!"..she ridicules more..!

"Try us one more time and you will see the difference now!"...he hangs up on her face and takes an u-turn to go back..

************

On reaching home, he finds her leaning against the couch in their room, trying to relax while he steps in and walks forward to reach her..

"Sidharth?!"..she tries getting up but he pushes her down while dropping himself on his knees before her...

Looking at her in a daze, he feels his everything inside is breaking down to one place!

"Kya hua?!"...she holds his face in between her hands..

"I am so sorry! You don't deserve this!"..his eyes have turned all red..!

"Sidharth it's okay! Aap log tou shadi karne wale the! So I understand this! Don't worry! I am okay!"..she leaves a subtle smile..

"No you are not! And you don't have to be okay! Just get mad! Scream! Tum chaho tou gali bhi de sakti ho..lekin ek request hai!"..he moves closer to her..

Sana's breath gets hitched to get him this close again!

She is only trying to understand the emotions behind this act, when he speaks up the rest he had to say!

"Baas ek baat yaad rakhna, jab rut jaogi toh main yeh kehke manaunga that I can't imagine my life without you now!!"

And the entire room goes still, this is nothing but a moment of sheer disbelief! Her entire attention gets fixed on him as he tenderly strokes her cheeks with his thumbs, trying to ease his feelings of guilt, releasing all his inhibitions!

Tears roll down her eyes as she fixes her gaze on him and so does he!

"Say something! Please baby! I am so sorry!"..he says, nudging his head with hers..

"Kyun sorry bol rahe ho bar bar?! You haven't done anything wrong! Ab baas, utho yahan se, you still have fever!"

"No! Baitho yahan..mujhe kahi nehi jana..! Life has been so cruel Sana! Pehle Dad, phir Thammi, then Mom becoming sick and now yeh Ragini ka natak! I can't take this shit anymore! I just need some peace! And yes, whenever you are this close, I feel that peace!! So just be here..!"..his energy is already draining out and he slowly lowers himself to nestle his head on her lap. She softly runs her fingers through his hair and this tender touch of hers provides him with the solace he desperately needs at this moment..❤️

***************

"Shield"---That's what they were to each other

"Shield"---That's what they were to each other... #SidNaaz! ❤️
Let me know how it was..☝️