Chapter 16

The following evening at approximately 6:30 pm, Sidharth patiently waits for Sana's arrival at the coffee shop..

She arrives exactly after 15 minutes and looks for him around..

He gives her a call on her mobile..

"Haan kaha ho aap?"..she receives..

"Turn around, bahar smoking zone mein hoon..idhar ajao abhi..log kam hai yahan.."

Sana sighs, proceeding towards the smoking zone..

"No way! It's so damn hot over here!" she complains, plopping down in the seat opposite to him. Sidharth, on the other side, gives her an eye-roll that clearly shows he is annoyed by her nag, even though he is surely not!

"Late, as expected!" he murmurs, taking puffs of his cigarette. He is relieved that he is not her boss anymore and he doesn't have to be all formal and stuff..

"Ji nehi..I started off early. You never know with traffic, neither you can help!"..she justifies..

He reclines more to make himself comfortable and calls a waiter..

"Coffee?"..he tries to offer..

"No thank you! I am already burning here..!"..she keeps fanning herself although there are fans attached in every corner..

He smirks..

"I came here because I would need to smoke again but it's okay, chalo, let's go inside.."..he suggests..

"Rehne do, I am okay..."..she continues to fan herself..

"Come..I am going inside.."..he walks back into the air-conditioned area..

Sana becomes almost irritated to see his reluctant behavior!

She frowns at him as he makes his way to the other zone, wondering if this is the same guy who was apparently her boss just few days back!

He makes himself comfortable in a corner and as she starts approaching him, to her utter surprise, the cafe almost becomes empty..

A waiter approaches them..
"Sorry Sir..it won't take more than 10 mins. We are not receiving any more guests..

"It's fine..but make sure no one stays back after 10 mins for the next one hour.."..he replies..

"Sure Sir! May I take your order in the mean time?"..waiter asks..

"I will go for a juice.. any fresh juice.."..says Sidharth..

"What about you Ma'am?"

"Just a chilled bottle of water.. thanks.."..she is still in a state of shock to know that he has booked this entire cafe for the next hour!!

The waiter leaves..

"Hayee Rabba! Are you mad or what?! I understand we are here to discuss something very important, but booking this entire cafe was crazy!

He keeps looking at the waiters annoyingly..

"Sidharth, main aap se baat kar rahi hoon! Why the hell are you behaving so reluctant?!"..she finally spills out her complain..

"Tumi thodi der chup nehi baith sakti?!"..he almost tones up!

"Nehi baith sakti! Baat karna hai tou karo warna main ja rahi hoon!"..she gives him a stern look..

Sidharth looks to the other side, leaves a long sigh and turns back to her again..
"Okay let's do this! Are you ready for this?! Honestly batana..!"

"Ready for what?!"..she exactly knows what he means but deliberately trying to test his patience..

"For this marriage ofcourse Sana!"..he states obviously..

"Kyun aap nehi chahte?!"..she asks instead..

"Sawal pehle maine kiya tha I guess!"

"Haan tou pehle jawab bhi dedo!"..she replies in a haste..

"I mean this doesn't make sense to me if it is only because we kissed!"..he adds abruptly..

"I can't believe you! Aap ko kya lagta hai? Main aap ko fasaneki koshish kar rahi hoon?"..she didn't like what he said!

"Will you shut up?! I never said this!"..he retaliates..

"Then what did you mean?!"..she asks..

"Forget it and listen to me.."..he moves forward to sit straight now..

And adds..."I am here to let you know that I can't see Mom in this pain, neither I can afford to give her more stress! She is my sole remaining family and I hope you understand that! So I am up for this marriage only if you wish the same!"

She goes numb and surely doesn't know how to react to this now!

"Kuch bataogi bhi?"..he waits..

"Kya bolun?"

"Koi pressure nehi hai Sana! That was just a moment where we both fell weak! Don't let that overshadow your will...if you don't wish to be a part of this, it's absolutely fine! Trust me!"..he affirms..

"Oh! You are okay with a rejection then?"..she asks looking at him quite intensely..

"Ofcourse I am! I can't force anything on you!"

"Force?! Either aap samajhte nehi ho or you are just acting naive!"

"Kya matlab hai tumhara?"..he asks intriguedly..

"I already confessed the other day that I never felt good seeing you and Ragini together! Uske baad bhi aapko clearance chahiye?!"

"How does that justify a will for marriage?! Marriage is a major decision which comes only when a couple decides to take it further for life!"..he clarifies..

"Chalo theek hai, phirse sahi..Main karungi aap se shadi.."..she speaks up in between his lines...

Sidharth wonders in disbelief!
"I have a reason to approach you but I hope you are not under any pressure!"..he tries to reassure!

"Aap kuch zyada nehi sochte ho?! Buddhe ho jaoge jaldi aise tou! Anyway koi pressure nehi hai! Moreover, your mother is someone I look upto! I believe woh mere liye jo bhi sochengi, achha hi sochengi! Aap bata dijiye sab ko ki main ready hoon.."...her eyes shine with growing tears as she speaks..

Sidharth leaves a sigh to understand if he is happy or feeling pressured! He is unsure of his own act and feelings!

*************

Do let me know how it was 🤘