Chapter 26

Next day..
Sidharth has brought her for a check up..

While they are waiting for their turn, he finds her fidgeting her fingers unknowingly..

"You okay?"..he asks..

"Hmm.."..she replies being unmindful..

"What is it?"..he isn't convinced..

She turns to look at his face..
"Sach bataun?"

"Of course sach bologi.."

"I am scared Sidharth..!"

"Scared of seeing a doctor?"...he chuckles..

"No..Not that! Pata nehi kyun I feel something is not right.."

He sighs..

Taking her hand into his, he says.."Relax..I did my little research, it doesn't seem so serious..it will all be ok..take it like a routine check up.."

"Hmm.."..she nods her head..

Meanwhile..

"Mr and Mrs. Gupta.. please aiye, it's your turn.."..an assistant comes out to call them..

They step inside the doctor's cabin..

"Hi Sidharth..long time!"... It seems the doctor knows him..

"Hey Shivani! Hope you are doing well.."..he greets back..

"Yes, I am fine..please have a sit.."

They all take their sits accordingly..

"Shivani meet my wife Sana and Sana Shivani aur main ek hi college mein the..so she is not only a good doctor but a good friend of mine as well!".. Sidharth does the necessary introduction..

Sana gives out a warm smile..

"Well Sidharth I found out from Vedika that you are going to get married and I was wondering why I didn't get an invitation! Ab dekhlo, you should never overlook a friend who is a doctor!"...Dr. Shivani tries pulling his leg but Sidharth and Sana get uncomfortable as they realise that she isn't talking about Sana..

"Well Shivani, everything just happened in a flick that I didn't get time to call many friends or acquaintances! Upar se I lost my grandmother as well..".. justifies Sidharth..

"Oh no! When did that happen?!"

"It's been 3 months already.."..he replies..

"I am so sorry to hear that! I can remember how close you were to her..!"

Sidharth sighs..

"Anyway..Whats the matter Sana? How can I help you?"..she turns her face towards Sana and asks..

"Doctor I am having repeated periods and this bleeding seems abnormal.."..Sana replies hesitantly..

"Abnormal in what sense? Are you having heavy bleeding?"..Shivani asks..

"Haan ji.."

"Hmm..age kya hai aapka?"

"25"..Sana replies..

"Okay..let me check you a little...idhar ajao.."..she takes her to a corner and shuts the curtains..

************

On their way back to home, an awkward silence takes over..

He decides to break it...

"Upset ho?"..he asks..

"No.."..she nods her head..

"Come'on Sana, people need time to register that I am not with Ragini..I had been with her for a while na?"..he tries to clear the air by hitting directly to the point..