Chapter 40

3 days later..
At office..

Sidharth makes a call to the reception, asking them to inform Sana to make a quick visit to the conference room. Upon receiving the message, she swiftly makes her way there..

"May I come in Sir?"..she gets to see all senior faces along with a new one around..

"Please come in.." Sidharth welcomes gesturing her forward..

He proceeds further to do the necessary introductions, saying, "Mr. Rajeev, allow me to introduce you to Ms. Sana, our Assistant Manager of Public Relations. And Sana, this is Mr. Rajeev, Senior Manager of your department. He has recently joined our team.."

Sana smiles warmly, saying, "Hello, Sir. Welcome on board!"

Rajeev smiles in return, saying.."Hi, Sana! And just Rajeev will do. I prefer it that way..!"

"Alright, Rajeev, whichever way you prefer.." Sana replies with a friendly gesture..

"Excellent! Now that the most important introduction is over, Mr. Mehta will give you a tour of the office. For now, I believe you already have a basic understanding of our ongoing agreements from him as well, correct?"..asks Sidharth looking back at Rajeev..

"Yes Sir, I have received a brief overview.." Rajeev affirms..

"Good..so please take it from here. Sana and the team will be here to help you with the strategies you have proposed.."..Sidharth advices..

"Sure Sir..thank you for your time and consideration!"..they shake hands and Sidharth leaves the conference hall to join another meeting virtually from his cabin..

"So Ms. Sana...how long have you been working here?"..asks Rajeev while going back to his seat..

"Well it's been 2 years..actually I rejoined 3 days back.."..replies Sana hesitantly..

Rajeev chins up to look at her..
"Rejoined?! Okay, so you were on a leave?"

"Not exactly..pehle aap yeh bataiye kaha se start kare..?"..She changes the conversation deliberately..

"Hmm let's start with the pending ones first.."..suggests Rajeev..

"Certainly.."..Sana agrees..

****************

It's lunchtime..

Sidharth remains engrossed in his meetings, while Sana gets all tired by Rajeev's repeated queries and workaholic vibes..

In the conference room, Rajeev and Sana continue to discuss their strategies, engaging only in professional conversations.

Moreover, Rajeev instructs Sana with both short-term and long-term plans for the ongoing agreements as well..

"Rajeev Ji...ek baat puchun?"...she tries breaking the awkward, too professional vibe..!

"Haan zaroor..!"..he replies gracefully..

"Aap ek hi din mein sare kaam khatam karloge kya?!"...she asks quite sarcastically..

Rajeev looks at her with a smirk at his face.."You can take a break!"

She replies asking.."Aap lunch wagera karte ho?!"

"Ohh I am so sorry! It's already lunch time na? I didn't realise..please go ahead.."

"Nehi don't get me wrong..I didn't mean that I am hungry but I was wondering about you.."..she replies making a confusing face..

"I will order something..don't worry..please make yourself comfortable.."..he replies gently..

"Perfect..I will join you in a while.."..she replies

"Sure.."..he smiles back..

She leaves and while crossing Sidharth's cabin finding him totally indulged in the meeting..

*****************

After an hour..

Sidharth sets himself free and gets to see a message from her end..
"Hayeee! Yeh koi admi hai ya machine! He will make my life hell! Main tired ho chuki hoon bohot! 😥He is making me work very hard! Upar se kya short or long term plan banna hai! Ufff!! Yeh kisko utha le aaye aap Sidharth!! Sudha Mom was a gem as a boss!🫶"

He calls her directly..
"Hello.."..she receives..

"Bohot tired hai meri biwi?"..he asks lovingly..

"Aur nehi tou kya?! Yaar main pagal ho jaungi iske sath! Ek kaam tha jo dusra workaholic lekar agaye mere liye?!"

He laughs audibly and says..."Baby work is all duty, not an addiction..but you are an addiction for sure!"

"Rehne do! Pata hai mujhe sab kuch! Yeh batao, lunch karliya aapne?"

He sighs..

"Nehi kiya na?! Pata tha mujhe! I did send a staff inside to set the lunch for you but look at you! Hadh hai Sidharth! Aise tou bimaar par jaoge aap!"

"Achha baba! Abhi abhi just got free, karlunga! You had yours right?"..he asks..

"Hmm..I was hungry.."

"Good...achha suno, we will leave early today...Mom ko leke doctor k paas jana hai..yaad hai na?"..he reminds her..

"Hmm yaad hai..ok allow me half an hour, tab tak aap lunch karlo.."

"Areh wah! Allow me and all?!..tou meri biwi abhi professional ho rahi hai!"..he smiles mischievously..

"Pehle bhi thi! Baas aap ko nehi pata!" 😒

"My Bad! Bilkul thi aap professional!"..he smirks..

"Very funny! Ab choriye yeh sab baate! Mujhe kaam karne dijiye! Warna woh khadoos manager will take my life!"

"No man on earth has the guts to take your life!"..he didn't like her last line..

"Awww mela kullu!"

"Sana!"..he gets embarrassed..

"Hehehe..chalo bye.."

"Byee..make it fast..."..he keeps it down..

*****************

Guys! Main bohot zyada busy hoon! I have a big event on 23rd October and I have taken the lead for the entire event! So I try to will catch up here in between. Incase can't make it, then dont worry, I will be back after 23rd! Love and hugs..🫂❤️