Chapter 41

A day later..
Midnight...

Sidharth is slowly drifting to sleep  when suddenly her audible blabber at sleep draws his attention..

"Sid--har--thhhh.."..her words are breaking..

"Sana..?"..he taps on her cheeks to break the notions of her subconscious state..

She opens her eyes abruptly and looks to his side with a strange frown on her face to understand the reason behind her increased heart beat!

"Aap ne bulaya na mujhe abhi?!"..she asks restlessly..

"Yes..relax, probably you had some bad dreams. Pani piyogi?"..he asks gently while tucking her hair behind..

"No I am okay. Aap idhar hi raho..!"..she nestles herself into his embrace..

"Kya dekha tumne?"...he asks while running his fingers through her hair softly..

"Kuch nehi! Choro...mujhe baat nehi karni is bare mein! Babaji kare yeh kabhi sach na ho!"...she cradles herself entirely into him, the only place for her to feel the safest!

***************

Next day, while they commute to the office, Sana seems visibly disturbed due to the dream she had the previous night..

Sidharth rarely relies on his chauffeur these days because Sana enjoys having him drive while she sits beside him. So while driving now, he has been observing her and decides to break the ice..
"What's going on?! Come on, baby! How can a dream affect you this much?"

She sighs, moving closer to his side. "Pata nehi..!"

"Alright, then, cheer up! You have your presentation for the most awaited agreement today. We need to bag this, right?" He tries to motivate her..

"Hmm, main theek ho jaungi! Just let me rest for a little while," she replies attempting to shift herself closer to him by letting his left hand embrace her..

He smiles placing a subtle kiss on her head..

*************

As they enter the office, Rajeev gets confused as he notices them parting ways  while exchanging smiles..

"Good morning, Sir," he greets Sidharth while bumping into him on his way to his cabin..

"Oh, morning, Rajeev! It's good that I found you here. We actually need to have a brief discussion before the presentation. Can I have you in my cabin in about 5 minutes?"..asks Sidharth..

"Sure, Sir. I will be there shortly.." Rajeev replies politely..

Sidharth nods and continues on his way to his cabin..

************

Sidharth and Rajeev have been discussing for a while now..

"Well I guess we are sorted.."..says Sidharth..

"Hmm..now I just hope Sana is confident enough to take it further.."

"Don't worry about that, she wouldn't let you down.."..affirms Sidharth..

"It's good to see the confidence you have on your employees Sir!"

"Well let's be honest and not generalize it..! If it was someone else, shayed I would have been equally shaky but since its Sana, I don't think I have anything to worry here, I know she will make it happen!"

"Well then I feel a little relaxed seeing your confidence in her! And yes, I am sure she has been incredible in her work which is why woh bohot hi khaas hai is company k liye.."

Sidharth smiles back and says..
"Well company k liye tou pata nehi lekin mere liye bohot khaas hai!"

"I think I didn't get you clearly Sir.."..he looks at Sidharth curiously..

"Biwi hai! Khaas tou hogi e na?!". Sidharth leaves a smirk..

"Ohh okay! Thats a shocker!"..Rajeev didn't clearly expect this..!

"Really? Abhi tak tou I thought you were already aware!"..replies Sidharth while closing the windows of his laptop..

"Surprisingly, I didn't come across with anyone much yet Sir..anyway, it's good to know! Newly married..seems so..?"

"Hmm..its been 6 months..well, I will see you in a while then? Good luck!"... Sidharth cuts the conversation short and makes his way back to his cabin..

***************

After the presentation, while they sit around the conference room..

"Sana, didnt you check the files properly?"..asks Rajeev being all disappointed..

"I did but I guess..anyway, I am sorry Sir..no explanation will be enough to amend this!"...she is extremely embarrassed..

Sidharth leaves a frustrating sigh..
"Mr. Mehta can you check with them once again?"

"Sir I already texted, it seems we have lost it.."

"Amazing!! Now do you have any explanation for this?! How can you be so careless?! You exactly knew how important this was for the company and particularly for me?!"... Sidharth almost tones up in front of everyone in the conference room!

"I am sorry Sir! I am just not in a good state of my mind!"..she almost has tears in her eyes!

"Seriously?! Ab kya kare batao?! Tumhare mood ki hisab se company chalai?!"

"Sir it's fine..calm down..I will try to connect them again.."..says Rajeev in between..

Sana immediately lowers her gaze, feeling all humiliated and promptly makes her way out of the conference room within seconds..

"Great!!"..he says sarcastically while seeing her rushing out of the room..

"Sir aap relax kijiye..main baat karta hoon.."..says Rajeev convincingly..

Sidharth can't help but barges out of the room as well..

***************

Rajeev makes his way towards her cubicle..
"Sana..? Are you okay?"

"Haan jih.. just a little disturbed.."..she replies while weeping softly..

"I thought so..anyway, hota hai..don't take it personally..!"..he suggests

"It's all personal! Anyway yeh expect nehi kar rahi thi! But I am so sorry! You have been working hard for this as well.."..she apologises..

"It's fine..I will try to fix this. You do something, go and wash your face now. It's all good now. If you want, you can take a break for the day as well.."

"Thank you, but its okay..let's get back to them..! Hayeee Babaji, kuch aisa karo ki yeh contract mil jaye!"..as she folds her hands and closes her eyes in prayer, Rajeev is struck by the pure and genuine innocence he observes in her..!

****************

How are you all? Achha laga yeh part? Batana zaroor in comment section! 🥰