Chapter 15

Next morning..

Sidharth and Sudha are on their way to the office ..it's been a while since they have been in touch with any official updates..

"Sidharth tu theek hai na?"

"Haan Mom, bilkul theek hoon.."..he smiles subtly while driving..

"Achha sun..I need to speak to you and it's important.."..,says Sudha..

Sidharth looks at her almost curiously.."Bataiye na.."

Sudha leaves a long sigh, trying to gather herself to proceed this conversation..

"What is it Mom? Is everything okay?"..he asks being concerned..

"Hmm everything is fine. Yeh bata, when was the last time you spoke to Saanjh..?"

"Kyun kuch hua hai kya?"..he asks inquisitively!

"Nehi! Just answer my question.."

"Very recently.. shayed 2 din pehle.."..he replies..

"Okay..so there is something I need to tell you and you have to listen to me patiently..promise me that you will keep your calm?"

"Mom you are making me curious! Ab bata bhi dijiye..!"

"Main kal Saanjh se milne gayi thi. Damini (his Mami) was with me as well.."

"Kyun? Usko wapas office bulaneke liye?"

"Nah...I went there with a proposal on behalf of you.."

Sidharth can't believe his ears! He quickly parks his car to a side abruptly..
"Are you serious Mom?!"

"You promised me that you are going to be patient Beta!"

"Mom! But.."

"Sun tou pehle!"

Sidharth nods his head..

"Maa ko bhi Saanjh bohot pasand thi. Beta, she is just the right fit for you and the family! Mujhe pata hai it's just not her, tu bhi pasand karta hai usko..hai na?"

"Mom!! I haven't thought of anything as such! It's been just 10 days of Thammi passing away! Kya soch rahi ho aap?!"

"I know but you were supposed to get married this week! Remember?! Dekh beta, I don't want you to feel like I am dumping my decision on you! Take your time, think on it and get back to me because there is something brewing in between which probably you are unaware of! I have seen your care for her and I can't be wrong there Sidharth!"

"There is nothing as such Mom! Trust me!"

"Then why was she in your room the entire night and how come you were okay with that?!"

"Mom I was emotionally down! She was just trying to comfort my grief!"

"Is it?"..Sudha frowns at him..

"Hold on Mom! Did she tell you anything otherwise?"..he asks being all intrigued ..!

"No she hasn't but don't forget, I am your mother..! Anyway..start the car.."..Sudha becomes upset with his constant denial..

"Mom..you are being unreasonable! You can't be upset for this!"

"Sidharth..we are getting late for the office.."

"Okay Relax..! Going. ".. he starts the car accordingly to drive themselves to office..

***************

Almost 12 am..

Sudha is keeping very low since morning and Sidharth can totally understand the reason behind. He is still trying to recall if has given this impression to his Mom that he has fallen for Sana..

He knocks on her door..

"Mom..? Andar ajaun?"

"Hmm..aja.."

"So rahi thi aap?"

"Nehi..bol.."

He walks upto her and sits beside her to gaze through her face with love..
"You are mad at me..hai na?"

Sudha looks at him for a good while and her eyes fill up with tears unknowingly..she lays her hand on his face and says..
"Nehi Beta..I can never be mad at you but I know without a doubt how much you are hurting inside! Mujhe aur kuch nehi chahiye baas I want you to have a happy life with the right partner! Ab tou koi bhi nehi raha tou zara soch if anything happens to me, who would be there to look after you?!"

"No Mom! Don't cry..! Achha main sochunga is bare mein..I promise! But I need some time.."

"Take as much as time you need..main baas tujhe khush aur content dekhna chahti hoon.."

Sidharth takes her to his embrace and keeps her there for a good while to let her diffuse her pain..

***************

Later at night..

He leaves a text for her..
"Kal mil sakti ho?"

She receives it and replies..
"Kyun?"

He receives it and replies..
"You know the reason I guess.."

She receives it and replies..
"Hmm.."

He receives it and replies..
"Tou batao, can we meet?"

She receives it and replies..
"Koi choice hai kya mere paas?"

He receives it and replies..
"Ofcourse hai! Tum chaho tou mana kar sakti ho!"

She receives it and replies..
"Hayeee Babaji! Can you please try and be a little less khadoos?!"

He chuckles and replies..
"There is this coffee shop right next to our office ..udhar ajana.."

She receives it and replies..
"Wait..wait..when did I agree?!"

He receives it and replies..
"I don't have time for this extended nautanki! Ana hai tou ajana..I will be there at sharp 6:30 pm.."

Sana stops replying and he too keeps his mobile aside and tries to get some sleep..

****************

Chotu sa update..I am sleepy..Kal milte hai! 😴🥱