Chapter 11

Ragini arrives at the cremation..

She keeps looking for Sidharth around and spots him at a corner, almost in a devastated state, making an effort to attend everyone who is arriving to bid the final goodbye to Thammi..

On slowly approaching him, she says..
"I am so sorry! I slept early last night and didn't realize when you called! Shit, I could never imagine this! I am so sorry!!"

"It's fine..go and see Mom.."..he has no heart to stretch it further now..

"You are okay na baby?"..she asks, rubbing his arms..

"Hmm..go.."

"Okay.."

************

Everyone is back home after the cremation..

"Meena Didi..sab k leye pani laiye.."..says Sana while helping Sudha to walk into her room..

"Bhaiya, Sudha aunty doesn't look well..I think you should consult a doctor immediately.."..says Ruhi, who has also arrived after hearing the news in the morning..

Sidharth leaves a long, tiring sigh..."Hmm..ek kaam karogi Ruhi, if you don't mind.."

"Come'on bhaiya, bataiye na.."...Ruhi states obviously..

"I guess Sana has the number of my Mom's doctor..can you make a call and ask her to come..?"

"Sure Bhaiya..abhi karti hoon.."..Ruhi walks into his Mom's room to do the needful..

Meanwhile Ragini approaches him..
"Don't you think, I should be doing all these?"

Sidharth frowns, turning back to her..
"What do you mean?"

"Look I know Thammi passing away is a big loss for you and aunty, infact for all of us! And I already said sorry for not attending your calls but does that mean you would zone me out in this way?!"..Ragini looks frustrated already..

"Ragini.. Not now!"..he replies fiercely..!

Ragini can see an unusual anger in his eyes that she hasn't seen before, so she chooses to put it aside for now..
"Ok Calm down..I am only discussing something I didn't like..and yes we can do this later. Anyway I will have to leave now..my family is supposed to land tonight.. remember?"

"Hmm..did you inform them?"..he asks..

"Haan I did..so abhi I need to go and pick them up in the evening. They will be here to see Aunty tomorrow.."

"Sure.."..he replies

"Come'on give me a hug and be strong ok?"

Sidharth gives her a side hug and asks his chauffeur to give her a drop accordingly..

***************

Late night..

Sudha feels too broken and has requested Sana to stay back, therefore, both Sana and Ruhi are sleeping in her room as she is having an intense mental breakdown..

It's close to 2 am, Sana feels extremely thirsty. She comes out of Sudha's room and hears a noise emitting from Sidharth's room on her left. Her curiosity makes her approach a little closer to his room and there she notices that it is left dark and open. She peeks in a little more and her heart breaks to find him watching old videos of Thammi, in which he had been playfully teasing her and doing everything that she hasn't imagined him of doing as a boss! On the other side, this causes him to smile while tears stream down his face continuously!

Her heart aches with an overwhelming sensation and her entire being is rejecting this distance between them! All she wants is to rush there and let him know that she will forever stand by his side..

She walks in slowly and takes the remote to switch it off..

"What the fuck?! Kaun hain?"..As soon as she switches off the TV screen, the room becomes darker and to make herself visible to him, she turns on the light of her mobile immediately..

"Main hoon..relax!"..she comes near to sit beside him on the couch..

"Oh! Sana, it's you! Kya hua? Kuch chahiye tumhe?"..he gets up and turns to the other side to hide his tears..

"Haan.."..she replies..

"Kya chahiye bolo.."..he asks, trying hard to sound normal..

"Idhar dekhiye..look at me.."

He takes his cigarette and looks for the lighter around..

She grabs it from the center table and goes to the other side he is facing and lights it before him..

"Roh rahe the na aap?"..she asks without any fear..

"Nehi.."..he lights up his cigarette and turns back to the other side..

"Kasam lage, maat karo yeh apne sath!"..she again walks to the other side..

"What is wrong with you?! Jao jake so jao.."..he looks away..

"Zyada na chant maat bana karo! I can't see you like this!!"..she almost tones up..!

Sidharth holds his palm on her mouth and pings her against the wall..
"Ssshhh!! Pagal ho?! Sab so rahe hai!"

"Kyun torture kar rahe ho khudko aap?!"..In a moment filled with all mixed emotions, their gazes intertwine, and her hands softly cradle his face, letting him be this close..

He only keeps looking at her and tears start forming in the corner of his eyes..

"I know this feeling Sidharth! I have been through losses in my life as well..lekin yeh sab dekhne se zyada hurt hota hai! Maat karo yeh sab! Main nehi dekh sakti aap ko aise!"

They are standing so close to each other that they can literally feel each other's breaths! Sidharth on the other hand, starts biting his lips as if he is struggling to contain his emotions that are leaving him with a sense of vulnerability now!

He still clings onto her as if he has finally found someone before whom he can surrender his weaknesses..

He therefore rests his head on hers.."Things have fallen apart Sana! I don't know how to manage Mom now!"

She takes his face in between her hands..
"Main hoon na..?!"..her eyes well up unknowingly..

"She loves you, rahogi na hamesha?"..he asks cupping her face, without realizing what he is actually upto!

"Hamesha!"..her eyes lock onto his with an intense gaze and in this moment, he senses an unknown desire to own her completely! And this connection they share is drawing them closer through the warmth they are in! The next moment, in a trance, their lips unknowingly meet, embarking on a journey of all unwavering  emotions! As their tears meet, their tongues do some magic, exploring every corner their mouths. He feels her touch is healing his heart and he clings to her desperately, never wanting to let her go!

*************

Poured my heart here..let me know how it was 🤞