Chapter 5

Next day, at office..

Sana arrives late as usual but Sidharth for a change decides to break the pattern and refrain from turning it into an issue. Instead, he tries to give her the space she needs to overcome this uneasiness..

However, much to his surprise, it is Sana herself who knocks on his door eventually..

"Yes Sana, please come in.."

"Sir are you busy?"..she asks..

"Not much..have a seat.."

"Hmm.."..she takes her seat..

"Yes tell me.."..asks Sidharth..

"Sir, I tried to figure out and I think I know the person behind everything.."..she says very confidently..

"Okay! Good job on that! Who is it?!"..he asks inquisitively..

"Mr. Arora from our accounts team! He maintained a connection with Arun even after his departure from our company. As Arun had a hidden grudge against the company, he bribed Mr. Arora to share the information regarding our financial transaction for a similar project.."...Sana tries to avoid eye contacts as she is keeping it very low and professional now..

"I can't believe this! This guy needs to be fired right away.. proof hai na tumhare paas..?".. he asks..

"Yes I do..email kardungi.."..she replies..

"Great and thank you!"

She fakes a smile and says..
"Ok sir..I will send you the needful.." ..she turns back to proceed towards the door..

"Ek second Sana.."..he halts her back..

"Haan ji?"

"Can you come back here? I would like to speak to you for a while.."..he asks gently..

Although she doesn't wish to interact with him on personal ground but considering her position in the company and the fact that he is her direct reporting boss, she gives in and abides by his instruction..

"Jih Sir.."..she takes her seat and finally looks at him with full concentration while he is already sitting opposite to her..

"Sana dekho I am sorry..I apologize for the behavior but trust me my intent was not to hurt your emotion neither ruin your image. Lekin phirbhi tumhe bura laga, so I am genuinely sorry!"

"It's okay Sir..aap ko ehsaas hai, yehi kafi hai mere liye..don't worry so much.."..she tries making things easy now..

"Then where is our usual Sana lost?"..he smirks..

She grins subtly..
"She isn't lost, baas kuch der k liye she is just giving herself the space she deserves.."..says Sana nonchalantly..

"Ek baat bataun honestly?"..he asks..

"Haan ji.."

"You know I've always had a dislike for individuals who lack discipline in their lives. However, you are an exception to that! While at times, I'm not fond of your messy work style but at the same time, I can't ignore the undeniable talent you have from within.."

"So you think I lack discipline?"..she smiles mischievously..

"Agar isse zyada honestly bataunga tou isbar Mom mujhe nehi chorengi!"..he laughs..

She can't help but bursts out into a laughter as well..

"Chai piyogi? I can offer you a good tea!"

"Aap banayenge?!"

"Nehi tum banayogi..you make amazing tea!"..he gives out a witty smile again..

She didn't expect this man to be this friendly though!

"Lati hoon banake.."

"Thanks.. something to go with it?"..he asks playfully..

"Haan...cream biscuit..!"..she answers in the same manner!

"Cream biscuit?!"..he finds this cute..

"Haan mujhe pasand hai.."..she replies quite obviously..

"Okay tou phir bataiye kaunsa oder karun?"..he is surely enjoying her company now..

"Order karneki zaroorat nehi hai...yeh biscuit treat is from my end..I have a lot in my store.."

"Theek hai, chai, biscuit and your warm giggle..that will do for the day!"..he says softly, looking at her with a sense of guilt in his eyes..

"Sir, you don't have to put so much effort! I am already convinced.."..she smiles back at him..

"Chai banake lati hoon.."

"Hmm..jaldi lana, I need to start fresh after having an amazing cup of tea!"

***********

Chotu sa update...🥰