Chapter 6

Few days later, at office..

Sana is busy dealing with a vendor..

"Hayee o Rabba Mukesh ji! Price bohot hai yeh tou! Isko kaam karo warna main kisi aur vendor ko bulaungi! Hadh karte ho aap bhi aaj kal!"..she complains..

"Madam ji! Isse kaam kya karun?! Itne salon se kaam kar raha hoon main is company k leye..kabhi zyada liya hai kya?"

"Hamesha tou lete ho! And this time it is like too much! Aap kaam karo warna main yeh kaam kisi aur ko de dungi!"

Sidharth, standing in the corridor, overhears their conversation and finds it absolutely hilarious to witness her arguing over a quotation that is not even worth more than 20 thousand..😂

He walks in deliberately..

"Kya baat hai Sana? What are you bargaining about?"..he tries to make a serious face..

Both Sana and the vendor get up from the couch..

"Sir dekhiye na, yeh Mukesh ji hamesha Ma'am ko  convince karke quotations confirm karwa lete hai! Is bar tou kuch zyada hi hai! Maine nehi dena!"...her way of dealing with the smallest thing shows her conviction towards the company and Sidharth loves this quality in her!

"What is it about? Kya order place kar rahi ho?"..he asks, although he is well aware of the quotation already..

"Sir we are running out of our promotional materials. Moreover, we need to send a few to our other branches.."..she replies..

"Ok then it's urgent..let me see the quotation..".. Sidharth asks..

The vendor passes him the paper accordingly..

"Aap ne sab sahi se hisab kiya hai na Mukesh ji?"..he asks..

"Haan ji Chote Sahab! Main tou bohot salon se aap k company k leye kaam kar raha hoon! Lekin Saanjh Madam ko hamesha lagta hai ki main zyada profit karta hoon! Mehangai ka zamana hai Sahab..thodi bohot tou changes honge na!"..the vendor justifies..

"Hmm..aap jake is order ko process kijiye..main Saanjh Madam ko convince kar neki koshish karta hoon aap k leye.."..he signs the quotation, confirming it and looks back at Sana who is almost on the verge of punching the vendor..😂

The vendor leaves..

"Sir!!"..she expresses her disappointment..

"Ssshhh! Come to my Cabin..udhar aram se baith k baat karenge.."..he walks away to proceed towards his cabin and Sana follows him there..

*************

On reaching his cabin..

"Hayee Rabba Sir! He wants an additional 10k even after making a profit! How could you agree to that?!" She appears serious while Sidharth finds her incredibly cute and adorable here..

"Sana! It's just 10k..relax! Moreover, Mukesh ji ko Dad ne choose kiya tha as a permanent vendor for the company. Tou main chahke bhi is admi ko change nehi kar sakta hoon. Hai na?"..he further justies his action..

Sana sighs..."Theek hai, if you say so!"

"Hmm ab choro yeh sab, lunch k baad we will have to sit for another meeting..yaad hai na?"..he purposely tries to drag her attention towards something else now..

"Hmm I remember..theek hai Sir, let me ask Deepak to serve your lunch.."

"I think my food isn't here yet, kuch order karlete hai..I am hungry as well.."..he suggests..

"Sir if you are comfortable then can I make you taste the biriyani I got for lunch?"..she asks hesitantly..

"You cooked it?"..he asks, smiling warmly at her..

"Haan ji.."..she replies, smiling back at him..

"Tab tou taste karna hi padega!"..he adds softly..

"Abhi lati hoon.."..The man she has perceived as arrogant all along unexpectedly revealed himself to be one of the greatest pillars of support for her in the company, filling her heart with gratitude.. 🥰

**********

It's 8 pm now, and Sana is the only one working late in the empty office, apart from Sidharth and the staff boy, Deepak..

She shuts down her computer and leaves a message for Sidharth, informing him that she is leaving..

As soon as she steps  inside the lift, the power goes off and she is extremely claustrophobic, thus starts panting in no time!!

She even tries calling Sidharth but there is no network as well..

Sidharth becomes aware that she has just left and there is a possibility of her becoming trapped in the lift..!

It's an unusual black out and he can barely see anything! However, he turns on his mobile torch and can hear loud screams of Sana from the lift!!

He rushes to reach out to her and asks Deepak to turn on the torches..

"Kholooo!! Main mar jaungi!!"..she keeps banging on the door of the lift..

"Sana..?" Don't panick..you will be out in a while.."..he requests

"Sir kholiye please! Main bohot claustrophobic hoon!! I can't breathe!!"..her voice has almost broken..

He tries opening it but they seem harder than ever..!

"Chote Sahab, main guards ko bulake lata hoon, unke paas emergency keys hai.."..says Deepak..

"Jaldi jao!!"..he orders..

"Relax Sana! I am passing the light abhi dekho ..Deepak has gone down to call the guards..Just wait for few more seconds.."..he is too sweating profusely out of tension..

It's a total black out and the guards are taking time climb up the stairs..

"Hayee Babaji! I am losing it! Please koi kuch karo!!"..she starts crying..!

"Baas baas the guards are here..they have got the keys..just hold on.."..he informs..

With the assistance of the emergency keys, the guards unlock the door of the lift. As the elevator has descended slightly and got stuck between the floor and wall, Sidharth reaches out his hand to offer support to her, allowing himself to pull her up..

"Hold my hands tightly..I will pull you up now.."..he instructs her..

She does accordingly and he pulls her up and the moment she manages to come up, she collapses into his arms and loses her consciousness! He envelops her quickly within his arms, carrying her close, and gently taps her cheeks to help her in regaining her senses..

**************

Let me know your views guys..people are leaving from all platforms.. demotivating it is for all writers..😔