Chapter 22

2 days later..

Sunday it is. Sana is still keeping very low, preferring not to interact with Sidharth, not even for a moment.

Meanwhile, Sidharth believes that he has given her plenty of time to get back to her usual self. Thus, he is dead set on resuming conversation again to clear up this whole misunderstanding.

After a while, he joins Sudha and Ruhi for breakfast..

"Good Morning Mom, and a very good morning to you Ruhi!"..he smiles at both..

"Good Morning Bhaiya.."..Ruhi greets him back warmly..

"Sana kaha hai?"..he asks..

"Bahar gayi hai.."..replies Sudha..

"Bahar gayi hai? Kaha?"..he was clueless about this..

"Meena bol rahi thi ki koi zaroori kaam hai..kyun tujhe kuch batake nehi gayi hai kya?"..Sudha wonders..

"I was sleeping, probably she didn't want to wake me up..anyway Ruhi, tumhe pata hai kuch?"

"Nehi bhaiya, main bhi so rahi thi.."

"Phone karke puch le.."..Sudha suggests..

"Hmm.."..he dials her number and as expected she doesn't answer..

"She isn't picking up..shayed busy hai, don't worry Mom, call back karlegi.."

"Hmm.."..Sudha clearly smells trouble..

***************

Late afternoon, Sidharth is smoking on his balcony when Ruhi comes knocking on his main door..

"Bhaiya..?"

"Haan Ruhi..come inside beta.."

"Bhaiya Masi se baat huyi?"

"Nehi..kyun?"..he diffuses the cigarette and steps inside the room..

"Actually mere exams chal rahe hai na isliye shayed they chose to keep it low. Nana ji bimaar hai and they are here in Delhi for extensive check up. Masi is probably with Mumma and Nani since morning.

"Oh ok..how did you get to know?"..he asks..

"Papa ne bataya..infact Mumma bhi phone nehi utha rahi hai! Mujhe tou bohot tension ho rahi hai Bhaiya! Main ek bar Nani ko call karke dekhti hoon..shayed woh pick up karle.."..says Ruhi..

"Ruko main karta hoon.."..he dials his mother-in-law's number..

"Haan ji beta..kaise ho aap?"..she receives..

"Main theek hoon aunty..aap log kab aaye?"

"Tumhe nehi pata? Aaj subah hi tou Sana aayi thi humein lene..woh tou bata rahi thi ki tum busy ho isliye nehi apaye.."

"Haan..actually I am sorry aunty! Sana bol rahi thi kal, shayed mere dimaag se nikal gaya..Sach mein bohot busy tha subah se..sorry again.."..he makes it up to manage somehow..!

"Koi baat nehi beta..abhi tou hum hotel mein hai, kal 10 baje ki appointment mili hai.."

"Theek hai aunty, main aur Sana ajayenge lene aap logo ko..phir sath mein chalenge.."

"Koi baat nehi beta, Sana ajayegi..aap tou busy ho na?"

"Don't worry at all Aunty! This is my responsibility and this is the least I can do! Ajaunga main kal Sana ko leke. Waise aunty Sana kaha hai? Zara phone pass karengi if she is around.."

"Woh tou 10 min pehle hi nikal chuki hai.."

"Oh..theek hai I am calling her.."

"Beta sab theek tou hai na?"..Sana's mother gets a wrong vibe..

"Sab theek hai aunty! Don't worry..Kal milte hai.."..he is trying hard not to pass any wrong message..

"Haan ji beta..rakhti hoon.."

"Jih aunty..bye.."..he keeps down the phone..

*************

Sana arrives home after an hour..

"Kaha thi beta subah se?"..Sudha asks..

"Woh Mom, didn't get enough time to let you know! Actually, Papa achanak se bohot bimaar par gaye the kal. Sugar level and BP, both were fluctuating! So I asked them to come over for an extensive check up here in Delhi.."

"Achha kiya..kaha hai woh log abhi..?"

"Hotel mein hai..doctors appointment is at 10 am tomorrow.."

"Hotel mein kyun beta? They could have easily stayed here na?"

"Woh Mom Papa is not comfortable staying at anyone's place and I didn't want to bug him either.."

"I understand..theek hai chalo koi baat nehi.. Sidharth subah se puch raha tha..Jao jake batado usse bhi.."

"Haan ji Mom..main fresh hoke aati hoon.."

"Hmm.."

Sana walks into their room and finds Sidharth laying on their couch..

She deliberately avoids his sight, places her phone on charge, and without giving him any scope to interact, walks into the washroom to freshen up..

He keeps gazing at her on purpose to make her realize that he is trying to initiate a conversation but her behavior seems a little irritating to him at the same time..

She comes out after taking a shower and walks to the other side of the room to stand in front of the mirror when suddenly he approaches and grabs her arm abruptly to make her turn around..."Idhar dekho, what the hell is your problem?! Baas bohot ho gaya na?! Ab baat karle?"

"Choro mujhe, koi baat nehi karni mujhe aapse!"

"Why are you behaving as such Sana? We need to work this out..right?!"..he asks looking intensely at her..

She doesn't reply rather tries unwinding herself..!

He grabs her more tightly and tugs her entirely towards him being all infuriated now.."Mujhe laga that I wronged you and I should be sorry but look at you!!"

"Sidharth you are hurting me!!" ...she pushes him back harshly...."Kya chahte ho aap?!!"...she screams on top of her voice!

"Pagal ho gayi ho kya?!"..he tries to come forward again to control her outburst..

"Wahi ruk jaiye! Aur kya lagta hai aap ko? Am I a robot? Don't I have a heart?! Depression sirf aap ko hoti hai kya?! It was always about you, when was it about me?! Boliyee!"..she approaches him furiously..

"Calm down..listen to me Sana!"

"Kyun Sidharth?!! Kyun ki aap ne yeh shadi?! Mom ko tou main unki assistant banke bhi sambhal sakti thi na?! You have shattered my life into pieces!"..she drops herself on the floor and starts weeping like never before!

Sidharth's heart wrenches as he witnesses her in this state and in that very instant, a sudden realization strikes him with an undeniable determination! So without hesitating any longer, he gathers all his strength to show her the utmost respect she rightfully deserves as his life partner..

He goes on his knees and holds her into a hug despite her continuous rejections.."Ok..ok..calm down! I am sorry!"

She loses all her strength as she has been starving since morning and doesn't have any energy left to keep going!

She reclines herself against his chest and he lifts her up in his arms, intending to carry her to their bed, realizing all she needs is his warmth..

He helps her in settling down onto their bed and  positions himself by her side.."I am sure you are starving, I will ask Meena to get you something to eat.."

*************

Let me know how it was!  💜