Chapter 43

A few days later in the office..

Sana and Mayuri plan to explore a new nearby pizza place for lunch. Meanwhile, Sidharth is already away for an external meeting with Mr. Mehta. As they head down in the elevator, they unexpectedly bump into Rajeev..

Hello, ladies, good afternoon," greets Rajeev.

"Good afternoon, Sir..n" Mayuri responds.

"Going out for lunch?" he asks..

"Yes, and you?" Sana joins in..

"Ah, my car had some issues this morning, so I'm checking on it downstairs and usually I have lunch in the cafeteria.."..explains Rajeev.

"I see.." acknowledges Sana.

"Sir, if you want, you can join us. We are planning to try out this new pizza place.."...suggests Mayuri.

Sana was taken aback by Mayuri's sudden invitation..!

"Are you sure? Well, I don't mind! I actually love pizza!"...Rajeev seems interested.

"Of course Sir, come along..!"...Mayuri affirms..

************

Rajeev, for obvious reasons, doesn't let the girls pay and asks them to go and grab the table as the place seems overcrowded while he stands in the queue to make the payment..

Meanwhile Sana initiates a conversation with Mayuri..
"Tu pagal hai? Why did you ask him to join?!"

"Hayee! Pagal tou main day 1se ho gayi hoon! Look at this man yaar! He is so freaking handsome!"...replies Mayuri in her over dramatic tone..

Sana rolls her eyes..
"Tu na mujhe marwayegi! I am sure Sidharth wouldn't like this..!"

"What's there to not like?! Colleagues hai hum, we can come out for lunch! There is no big deal babe! Relax!"..Mayuri takes it easy..

"Hmm..Chal woh arahe hai..don't get carried away..!"..Sana warns..

"Tou Sana tum tou shayed Sir k sath hi lunch karti ho?"..he comes and grabs a seat beside her..

"Jih..Aaj woh nehi hai na isliye agayi iske sath..waise bhi kuch dino se pagal huyi pari thi idhar aane k liye.."..Sana smirks..

"Achha hi hua, aap bhi agaye humare sath, isi bahane, we will get to know you a little more.."...says an over excited Mayuri..!

"Hmm tou Mayuri who else is there in your family?"..asks Rajeev..

"Sir it's just me, my younger sister and my Dad..Mom passed away during my sister's birth.."..says Mayuri in a low tone..

"Oh! I am sorry to hear that..it must have been tough for you all then?!"

"Not really..my Dad is a strong man! He managed us well!"..Mayuri says, carrying a subtle smile on her face..

"And so are you!"..Sana holds her into a hug from her side..

"It's great to see you girls bonding so well..rare in official place..!"

"Touchwood..!"..Sana is grateful for the bond she shares with Mayuri..

"So Sana tell me about you.."..Rajeev is actually keen to learn more about her..

"Pucho aapko jo bhi puchna hai.."

"I already know about Sudha Ma'am and Sidharth Sir..tell me more.."

"Ummm..my parents live in Punjab, aur yahan I have a niece who stays with us..kaam k bare mein tou aap ko pata hi hain aur main sabki favourite hoon and mera pati mujhse bohot pyaar karta hai..baas my happy life revolves around these people.. Touchwood!"

Her innocence never fails to leave him in complete awe!..."That's sweet! God bless you!"

***************

Sidharth comes back to the office during the lunch hour..

He doesn't get to see her in her cubicle and thus dials her number to know where she is..

She is on her way to the office when receives his call..
"Haan Sidharth, agaye aap?"

"Haan kaha ho? I am hungry.."

"Kya? Aap ne lunch nehi kiya abhi tak?!"

"Nehi they offered but mujhe laga you must be waiting here..lekin tum ho kaha?"

"Main woh...main upar aake batati hoon.."..she cuts the call immediately turns back to Mayuri..

"Maine kaha tha na tujhe, ab meri band bajne wali hai!"..she starts fidgeting her fingers in the elevator..

************

On reaching his cabin..

She finds him leaning back on the couch, trying to relax while massaging his forehead, with his AC turned down to 16 degrees..

"Kya baat hai Sidharth..? Aap theek ho?"..she quickly walks upto him..

"Hmm..put off the blinds and ask some staff to arrange the table for lunch.."..he replies..

"Sidharthhh..kuch batana hai aapko.."..she says very hesitantly..

He looks at her.."Kya?"

"Woh kya hai na, Mayuri zid kar rahi thi tou I had my lunch with her, mujhe laga that you would anyway have your meal outside..!"

Sidharth smiles and says.."tou theek hai na, it's all good! Ab yahan bhi khalo thoda mere sath.."

"Achha theek hain, aap wait karo, main kisi staff ko bulake lati hoon.."

*************

After the lunch, Sidharth and Sana are standing in his personal patio..

"I need to tell you one more thing.."..she speaks up..

"Ab kya hua?"..he lights up a cigarette..

She takes a long breath and says hesitantly..
"Woh aaj Rajeev bhi the humare sath.."

He looks back at her with an instant frown..
"Kaha? In that restaurant?"

"Haan! Mayuri hai na, she is just so unpredictable! She invited him suddenly and it was all so awkward! I am sorry, mujhe pata hai mujhe bilkul bhi jana nehi chahiye tha.."

Sidharth leaves a long sigh..

"Aap naraz tou nehi ho na?"..she asks hoping that he isn't mad..

He turns back to her and holds her gently from either sides..
"No I am not..but baby, kya hai na, there are few things that you must maintain. See, you are my wife, in short you are my pride, my everything..! So the dignity that I hold among these colleagues, you should do the same because you are a part of me..Hai na?"

"Haan Sidharth, I understand! Lekin Mayuri k sath, things are different na? Tou it just got awkward.."

"It's fine..next time, try to handle the situation more tactfully..and with Mayuri, it's all okay..so koi baat nehi..!"..he cups her chin lovingly..

"Hayee Rabba! Main tou darr gayi thi! Chalo ab all sorted! Main coffee bhejti hoon aap ke liye!"..she smiles being a little relaxed now..

"Hmm.."..he nods his head and returns her the smile..

While she makes her way back to her cubicle, she feels a sudden urge to express her love for him..thus she turns back to call him again..

"Sidharth..?"

He turns back to look at her as well..

"Hmm?"

"I love you.."..she gives him a flying kiss..

He finds this super cute and returns her the smile saying..

"I love you too..!"... ❤️

**************

Awww my poor heart! 🥺❤️
Please do let me know how it was in the comment section..🫂