Chapter 4

A few days later..

There have been some miscommunications, someone has attempted to violate the rules by leaking highly confidential information to a recently onboarded client. Sudha and Sidharth are trying to identify the person responsible behind this..

"This is ridiculous! Who can do this?!"... Sidharth has become too disturbed..

"Wahi tou main soch rahi hoon beta! Shayed competitors mein se koi..."

"Oh come'on Mom! Such confidential information can only be leaked by your own employees! I keep telling you, don't trust them so blindly!"

"Sidharth I need to have a proof to point on someone! It's not that easy baccha!"

Sidharth sighs.."Anyway, who was communicating with this party?"..he asks..

"Pehle tou Arun karta tha lekin abhi Saanjh karti hai.."..replies Sudha..

"Sana?!"..he seeks for an assurance again..

"Hmm..but it can never be her Sidharth! So let's not even go there!"

"Ok let me call her.."

"Sidharth..!!"..Sudha gets up from her chair to stop him..

"Mom! Please..let me handle this..trust me she is not going to be offended. I will be strictly professional..".. Sidharth insists..

"Beta..she is too naive to even think of all these!"

"Mom! Relax! Even I know it's not her! But we need to be aware of every detail!"

"Mayuri please send Sana in.."..he calls the reception.

After a while, there is a knock on his cabin, it's her on the door..

"Please come in.."

"Haan ji Sir?"

"Come..please have a seat.."..he tries to be normal..

"Yes Sir..?"..she takes her seat accordingly..

"Sana pehle tou whatever I am going to say now, take it very professionally and please don't feel like we are judging you or suspecting you for this.."

Sana looks at Sudha for a clue but Sudha can hardly make any contact with her eyes..

"Kya baat hai Sir? Is everything okay?"..she asks..

"No.. actually everything is not okay..there has been some severe breach of conduct and we are trying to find out who it is.."

"Okay! What is it?"..she asks curiously..

"Sana if I am not wrong, you are the main point of conduct for this japanese project..right?"

"Haan ji.."..Sana is trying understand where this conversation is going..

"Unfortunately, someone has passed some very confidential information about our company to them. And now we are almost on the verge of losing this contract.."

"Hayeee aise maat bolo! Humne bohot mehnat ki hai! Babaji sab theek kardenge! Lekin yeh kaun kar sakta hai?!"

"This is exactly what we are struggling with! Tell me something, when you were communicating with them, did they try to know anything out of the box?! Aur shayed tumne flow flow mein kuch.."

And before he could finish his sentence, she stands up from her chair and glares at him angrily..!

"What are you trying to imply Sir?!"

"Sana! Please sit down..don't get hyper! This is just a general discussion!"

"No! You listen to me! I might be messy, disorganized, and vulnerable at times, but I am not dishonest, Mr. Sidharth!" she starts fuming in no time!

"When did I even say that?!" he wonders..

"Please, stop it! And, Ma'am, how could you even think like this?" she turns her face towards Sudha, and her eyes immediately starts moistening..

"Nehi Saanjh! I never thought it was you! And this was just a casual query, don't take it personally dear!"..Sudha tries to calm her down..

"Ma'am, shayed this is where I always loose! I can't let anyone hurt my emotions! Aur is office k sath, aap k sath, mere emotions jude huye hai! Trust me maine kabhi nehi socha tha ki aap, as in you would consider my name for this!"..her eyes almost well up..

"Sana! Please don't be so emotional! You are taking it in a wrong way! We are not doubting your intentions, it's just that we were trying to figure out the chances..".. Sidharth justifies again..

"Aur aap ko laga ki there are CHANCES that I might have done this! Right?!"..she glares at him again..!

"Wrong! I repeat, I didn't say anything or mean anything like that!"..he refutes..

"Rehne dijiye Sir! I know what you meant! Itni bhi pagal nehi hoon main!!"...she takes her mobile and storms out of the room..

"Maine kaha tha na? Maat kar! Hurt kardiya na bichari ko!"...Sudha repents!

"Why is she behaving so weird?! And why is everyone so emotional here?! This a big mishap for God's sake and we need to sort this out!"..he justifies..

"Sidharth there is a way of doing everything!! Karliya na tune apni maanmani? Now back off from this! I will sort it out!".. Sudha says sternly..

"Mom?!"

"No more discussion..ab tu is bare mein bilkul baat nehi karega! There are other projects that need your attention!"..Sudha walks out of the cabin to check on Sana..

*************

Sana has left the office immediately after the discussion without notifying anyone officially..

On the contrary, Sidharth feels extremely disturbed after learning about the way she has departed from the office. He has a sense of regret that he should have followed his mother's advice! Now, he is not being able to shake the image of her teary eyes from his mind. This entire thing is making it difficult for him to concentrate..

**************

Same day, at 8 pm..

He returns back from the gym and on entering the house, to his utter surprise, he finds Sana sitting around with Sudha and Thammi in the hall!

He only gazes at her and feels a weird throb inside because her usual happy face has turned into a puffed dull one!

"Sidharth, good you are here! I have invited Saanjh, precisely our Sana, over a delicious dinner.."...says Sudha, carrying a warm smile on her face. This only proves how immensely she loves and trusts this girl!

"Great Mom! I will just go, freshen up and join you guys in a while.."..he too smiles, walking into his room..

**************

"So I hope the air is clear between us and now may I expect my jhalli assistant at office tomorrow?"..asks Sudha lovingly..

Sana gives out a subtle smile..
"Haan ji Ma'am..ajaungi.."

Sidharth also leaves a long relaxing exhale..

"Ruko, it's pretty late, I will ask a driver to give you a drop.."..says Sudha..

"Mom I know her place..I will drop her.."..says Sidharth from the other side..

"Nehi please I will manage.."..Sana doesn't wish to tag along..

"Sana please may I? I want to!"..he asks for a permission like a proper gentleman..

"Sir, trust me, I am fine now! It's not required..just ask one of the chauffeurs..that will do"..she doesn't even look at him for once..

"Are you sure?"..he asks again..

"Yes.."..she turns back to Sudha and Thammi..."Good night Ma'am and Thammi aap bohot cute ho, hamesha aise hi rehna! Babaji aap sab ko kush rakkhe!

**************

I am kind of getting attached to this book. I don't know why!