Chapter 32

1 week later, just a few hours before his birthday..

"Masi! Ab baas bhi karo! Stop crying! He didn't do this intentionally na?!"...Ruhi is trying to console Sana..

"Tu please ja yahan se..! Leave me alone for a while.."..Sana's entire face has puffed up..

"Lekin Masi..aise tou you will fall sick! Please try and understand, it was a sheer urgent situation! Warna woh kabhi nehi jaate!"

"Chale gaye na? Now I need no justifications!"...She is too broken to take any logic now..

"Yeh dekho Bhaiya phirse mujhe call kar rahe hai..for God's sake, ekbar baat tou karlo! It's his birthday afterall!"

"Ruhi! Tune suna nehi? I said just leave me alone! Tu jayegi ya main jaun bahar?!"..she literally tones up now!

"Theek hai baba! Ja rahi hoon main but please relax karo aap abhi..Chalo bye and goodnight.."..she kisses on her forehead and leaves..

**************

On reaching her room, Ruhi dials Sidharth's number..

"Happy Birthday Bhaiya! I am so sorry about Masi!"...Ruhi wishes him..

"Thank you beta but at least you need to pick up my calls na?!"

"Bhaiya! I am so sorry again! Masi is too down! She planned things for you and everything has just gone upside down! She wasn't letting me, neither did I get a chance!"

"Ok! Did she take her dinner?"..he asks..

"Nehi na! Aunty needed to take her medicines, so I had to sit with her warna woh bhi dinner k leye mana kar rahi thi.."

"Okay... no worries! Let me see what I can do..tu rest kar..and thank you for being a sweetheart! God bless you bachha!"... Ruhi has made a special place in his heart and he is in total awe of this girl now..

"Ji Bhaiya.. Goodnight.."

"Goodnight beta.."..he hangs up and tries dialing up Sana again but as expected she refrains herself from answering his calls..

***************

It's almost 1:30 am..

Sidharth has been constantly trying between his work to reach her but she hardly pays any heed to this..

He decides to leave her a text now..
"Sana, baby I know you are hurt! Lekin yahan na, the situation is not under control yet! I couldn't have brought you here baba, please understand! Ek bar mujhse baat tou karlo..! Please? And who is going to wish me for my birthday?!"

The message is delivered and she reads it immediately. Undoubtedly, she feels a throb seeing the tone of his text! Clearly, this guy knows to trigger her at the right place!

"Happy Birthday.."..she finally replies..!

"Itni rukhi sukhi wish?! 🥲"..he replies..

She doesn't reply now..

He types again..
"Once this whole thing gets sorted, I will be back as soon as possible, probably by mid afternoon and I will make sure that I dedicate rest of my day to you! Pakka promise!"

She types back..
"Dil tod diya hai aap ne Sidharth! Ab nehi chahiye koi time aap se! Aisa nehi hai ki main nehi samajhti hoon that it's an emergency there, I have been a part of your company, I can totally understand the intensity of the situation! Its just that I wanted to be with you today, chahe situation kuch bhi ho! Lekin aap ne woh hone nehi diya..I am hurt, brutally hurt! And nothing can fix this!"

He types back..
"Baby main kaise lata aap ko yahan?! Main khud bohot tension mein hoon and I was concerned about your safety as well! Ekbar mujhse baat tou karlo, I will explain everything in detail, please? Don't I deserve one call from my wife on my birthday? "

She seems to be getting a little softer now and decides to call him back..

"Hello.."..he receives..

She doesn't speak from the other side but can totally feel that he is around a mess!

Sidharth moves inside the security office to speak to her without any disturbance..

"Sana..you there?"

"Hmm..boliye.."

"Baat tou karo mujhse! Kaise samjhun main tumhe..factory is not in a good state yet! Yahan jis portion mein aag lagi thi, bohot damages and all have happened but I am not concerned about this loss right now, I am only worried about the safety of my men who are still working with the fire brigade to clear the area.."

"Hmm Babaji kare sab theek ho! Aap dhyaan rakhna, meko kuch achha nehi lag raha hai, main rakhti hoon.."

"Kyun?! Talk na!"..he insists..

"Ab aur kya baat karni hai?"..she asks bluntly..

"Bohot kuch! Achha yeh batao kya plan kiya tha tumne?"

"Choriye, raat gayi baat gayi.."

"Bilkul nehi, once I come back, I want my surprise!"

"Nehi kar sakti main aur kuch bhi! And trust me this surprise was not important! Main baas aapke sath time spend karna chahti thi, chahe us factory mein hi kyun na ho! A real companion tries being her partner at any cost! Lekin aap ne woh hone nehi diya..chalo koi baat nehi, mujhe neendh arahi hai..aap dhyaan rakho aapna, goodnight"

She seems more down than ever to him!

"Ek second..pehle jake kuch kha lo..please, mere liye!"..he pleads..

"Kha lungi..I am not hungry now.."..she maintains her lowest tone..

"Sana, I am feeling so helpless right now..baba can you please give me some more time? Please?"

"Sidharth I am not a heartless person! Don't make me feel like that either! I totally understand that people need you there, so you do your part. I am fine, I will just try and get some sleep now.."..she states..

He sighs...."Ok! Chalo so jao..I will be back as soon as possible.."

"Byee.."

"Goodnight!"

She hangs up..

Sidharth doesn't know why he sensed an unsettling void in their conversation! This girl, who has always been so candid about her affection for him, hasn't made a single effort to express her love for him on his birthday! Deep within, he is not ready to come in terms with this change, a storm of emotions is churning within him now and he ends up texting her again..

"You are a blessing, a gift that destiny has exclusively engraved on my life! I am getting unimaginably attached to you and this didn't happen before with anyone else! Trust me, I feel a whole different emotion around you Sana! Please accept my apologies because I am feeling very restless inside! I promise I will be there baby! I am sorry that I have hurt you, but wait for me, I am coming in few hours. Till then, get some sleep, Goodnight precious! ❤️"

****************

I feel lost after writing and reading it myself! 💔