Chapter 48

"Mom?"

"Haan beta?"

"Why are you guys not picking up my calls? I have been calling since forever now!"...he sounds worried..

"I am so sorry beta, I didn't realize..so rahi thi na, tabiyat theek nehi hai.."

"Tabiyat theek nehi hai? What went wrong? Did you take your medicines properly?"

"Haan Sana takes good care of that! Lekin tu itna pareshan kyun hai yeh bata pehle.."

"I was worried about the meeting..I thought you guys were already done, so I kept calling but neither you nor Sana were answering my calls..!"

"Sana isn't back yet..tune Rajeev ko try kiya?"

"No..by the way agar aap hotel mein ho tou has she gone there with Rajeev only?"

"Hmm..she didn't want to, but I didn't have the condition to go either, so I had to authorize them.."

Sidharth leaves a long sigh..

"Sidharth?"

"Hmm.."

"Tu theek hai na beta? Koi pareshani hai tou bata.."

"Well Mom.."..he hasitates to speak further..

"Bol na Sidharth! What is it?!"

"Something really awkward has happened and I don't know how to react to this now.."

"What is it baccha?"

He sighs and decides to speak his mind..."Mom Ragini came to see me in the office today.."

"Kya?!"

"Haan Mom..I know it's shocking..!"

"Is she back in India?! Aur woh kyun ayegi abhi?"..Sudha Mom gets agitated in no time!

"Things are messed up! She has been diagnosed with cancer lately..advance stage hai..mere paas aayi thi confess karne that she had been trying to break things between me and Sana and now she is very sorry about it, she was seeking apology repeatedly and wants to do the same from Sana as well.."..explains Sidharth

"What rubbish?! Is she really suffering from cancer or this is just another game she is playing? Did you cross check?"..Sudha Mom is concerned..

"Areh nehi Mom! I have seen her reports..she has been through chemo...her hair, eyebrows are almost shedding off..she isn't faking and guess what?! I am feeling devastated after seeing her! I never wanted this for her!"

"Sidharth! Do you even realize tu kya bol raha hai?"

"Relax! All I want to say is I never wanted this to happen! Just think, she came all the way from Canada, just to apologize to me and Sana! She is dying Mom..I need to forgive her otherwise I will never be able to forgive myself!"

"Then just forgive her and don't let things get on your nerves.."

"Why is this happening now Mom? I have gathered all my broken pieces and became a whole again! I can't hurt Sana neither can avoid this situation that Ragini is into! Kya karun main kuch samajh nehi araha!"

"I am sure you have shown your humanity bachha..abhi tu isse zyada kya hi kar sakta hai? And I am afraid, is chiz ko leke Sana kaise react karegi.."

"Hmm true..that's concerning me too!"

"Wahi tou! Waise bhi bohot struggle ke baad tum dono mein ek bond bani hai! I don't even want her shadow to come in between!"

"Hmm let's see, I will have to handle it technically.."