Crowded Room

🎶 Crowded Room - Selena Gomez 🎶

Everyone's eyes were on him and his eyes were on me. There was something about eye contact that made my heart beat faster. He would look around and then at me and my eyes were never leaving his. If you would notice, eyes told a million things without a sound. Other people joined them on the dance floor. I imagined us dancing, his eyes on me and us communicating through it.

They danced for a while and then Prisma took him away. Her hand was on his arm. I started to feel as if she was taking him away from me. It hurt a little. I didn't know why but it hurt. It did. He wasn't even mine and it hurt. How did that happen and when? I saw them at the corner of the hall. He turned to look at me and I quickly turned away, afraid he would know I was watching him.

I was all alone there. The only person I knew was Alan and he was with her. I was sitting alone at the table sipping juice. Everyone was enjoying the party with their partners and me, I was there sitting with the hurt. I was hurt. I looked towards where he was. They were smiling and talking with people. Why was I even there? I decided to leave. It was already late and I started to miss my bed. I was missing him too but I couldn't go to him even if he was in front of me. At least I could go to my bed. I grabbed my purse walked out of the hall to the garden and then outside the house.

I took a deep breath and asked the guard standing at the gate to call a taxi for me. I was almost on the verge of a breakdown. I knew I was here as his assistant but I felt left out. Why would he do that? but I didn't have the right to say it. He was just my boss but he always made me feel included why not here? The guard had gone to bring a taxi but he came with a disappointed face.

"Sorry ma'am, there is no taxi," he said.

"No worries, Thank you," I forced a smile.

I took out my phone and thought of calling a pathao taxi. My heart was still heavy. I kept taking a deep breath so I wouldn't cry there. Why did I get attached so fast? I thought I would enjoy the party but here I was almost with tears in my eyes waiting to leave. I opened the pathao app and decided to go for a taxi instead of a bike.

"You are here," I heard Alan's deep voice. 

He had some relief in his voice. Maybe I was just imagining it. Why would he be in comfort seeing me? I stood there without turning to look at him. I was afraid if I looked at him I would break down into tears.

"Dakshu," he called coming near me.

I closed my eyes taking his voice in. I wished he would pull me into him and hug me so I could cry asking why he ignored me the whole time.

I slowly turned toward him but made sure I didn't look into his eyes.

"You were leaving? "

I nodded.

"Let me take you home," he offered.

I shook my head.

"I will go in a pathao,"

"I don't think it's a good idea," he said.

It isn't a good idea? who the fuck he thought he was?

"I will go alone,"

"But Dakshu,"

"Please," I almost whispered.

"Is everything ok?" he asked.

I nodded.

I called pathao even though he insisted he would drop me.

"Aalu,"

The bitch came.

I took that moment to get inside the taxi. Alan called my name but I ignored him and asked the driver to take me to my place. Tears slipped from my eyes. Once we were outside the building of my flat I paid him the money and got out of the car. I was about to go inside the building when I heard a horn.