Worry

One evening Alan came to meet me. It was Saturday, our day off. I hadn't seen him for two days. Alan was hiding something behind him when he walked into my flat.

"What are you hiding?" I questioned trying to look at his hands but he didn't let me.

"Stay here," he said walking to the kitchen now putting both of his hands in front.

He came back with cake in his hands. He placed it in front of me and hugged me.

"Happy anniversary," he whispered.

The cake was beautiful. There were two cute couples in the middle. Deep down hope started to feel that he was going to propose to me. He had said he would marry me in a month but it had turned into months. I didn't bring it up because it would only turn off my mood. Another reason was I didn't want to fight with him. I hated it when we fought even though we did it rarely.

He took something out of his pocket. It was a pearl anklet. I immediately fell in love with it. In these months, he had given me many gifts but his love was my favorite. He had loved me in every way possible. After being with him I realised a man doesn't need to sleep with a woman to love her. He could love her even without touching her.

He kneeled before me and grabbed my ankle and placed it on his thigh. He slowly put the ankle around my anklet.

"I have nothing to give you. I forgot," I said in embarrassment.

"Your love is enough," he said getting up and kissing my cheek.

"You always bring me gifts,"

"That's a way of showing you my love,"

"But..."

"And when you take care of me that's the way you showing me your love,"

He pulled me closer.

"Now, let's cut the cake,"

We cut the cake. The door wasn't closed and I could hear it was raining. It was one of my dreams to get wet in the rain with my boyfriend. I took his hand and pulled me out of my flat.

"Dakshu where are you taking me?"

Once we were out I placed my finger on his lip.

"Just dance with me," I whispered.

I placed his hand on my waist and mine on his shoulder. He pulled me close and we started to dance. We laughed and kissed. When he was about to kiss me again I ran and he chased me.

We were back in the flat after the rain stopped.

"We are going to be sick," he said.

We changed clothes and I made coffee for both of us.

Next week in the office I got to know that Mausam and Nimek were planning to take another step in their relationship.

"I think we will get married," Mausam said while walking out of the office.

The sun was setting and I had told Alan I would be spending the evening with Mausam.

"That's awesome," I said.

"I told him that we should get married,"

"What did he say?"

"He said ok,"

"I can't wait to attend the wedding," I said in excitement.

"You can't trust guys by the way,"

Hearing her say that made me stop on my track.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

Mausam sighed.

"Men always want to run away from commitment,"