Doesn't Matter

I didn't bother to walk out of the house that day. Alan didn't call me nor did I bother to check my phone. In the evening there was a knock on the door. I refused to open it.

"Dakshu, open the door,"

I remained silent.

He kept calling me.

"Go to hell," I shouted.

"I will break the door if you don't,"

I stayed quiet. I heard a banging on the door after a long silence. Rolling my eyes I opened the door. He stood looking at me. I walked inside leaving him there. He followed me to the bedroom threw his hoodie on the bed and made me turn to him.

"Dakshu,"

"You are not my Alan. Not anymore," I whispered refusing to look at him.

"Not?"

"My Alan was soft. You are not," I said still refusing to look at him. "I want him back,"

He placed a finger on my chin and made me look at him.

He cupped my face and kissed me slowly.

"You have me,"

I pulled out of the kiss and took a step back.

"No, I don't,"

"Dakshu, I am trying to find a way,"

"By leaving me?"

"I never said that," I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, let's go back. You must be hungry. Did you eat anything?"

"I am not going back,"

He sighed looking at me.

"I am not leaving or letting you go. I am going to fight for us," he whispered pulling me close. "Do you hear me?"

Once we were back he made me eat food while sitting there watching me. After that, we joined Mausam and Nimek in the living room.

"Let's have some ice cream," Mausam said bringing each of us a bowl.

They turned on the TV. Nimek and Mausam started to argue about which movie to watch. I was looking at them when Alan put the bowl away. He started playing with his hair messing it up. I noticed it but made sure he didn't know it. He then leaned toward me showing his smile, trying to get my attention. I looked at him and turned around smiling but not big enough for him to know I was smiling. He looked so cute. He looked at the TV and I looked at him.

At this point, Mausam and Nimek had left us alone to go to the kitchen. They still haven't decided what to watch.

He sensed my eyes and grinned looking at me.

"I am still angry," I muttered.

"I am sorry," he said taking my hand.

"When you said you don't know...." I paused sadness filling me. "I saw him in you. It felt like you were my father and I was my mother,"

I now looked at him. He didn't know the story about my life. I looked at the kitchen door and slowly told him everything.

"I would never do that," he said pulling me closer. 

My father must have told me the same thing to my mother.

"I don't want to be like my mother. I don't wanna live like her," I started to cry.

"I would never," Alan whispered pulling me into his lap and hugging me.

"If you are thinking of leaving me then please kill me before doing that. That would be the best option for me," then I sobbed.