Assholes

We gave our attention to the manager. He was glaring at us.

"This is your office, not a gossip place. If you want to gossip you can leave," warned Nimek.

I gulped in fear.

What if he fired me? Rishant had his one eyebrow up, clearly not impressed.

"Sorry sir," I whispered.

"Sir? We aren't your teacher so stop calling that," he said.

"Sorry,"

The hall was pin-drop silent after that.

Rishant cleared his throat and left. Nimek was joined by an HR.

"For two days you will be trained about the work and how this company works," Nimek said.

He spoke for a while his eyes landing on me most of the time with a glare. I wondered why he was so pissed at me.

After they left Mausam was quick to speak.

"Phew, I thought they were going to fire us," She let out the breath she was holding.

"Same," I said rolling my eyes.

"Why are these people so grumpy?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "The CEO was a smiley one. He was smiling throughout the interview,"

Mausam gave me a surprised look.

"CEO took your interview?"

"Yes, three of them were there. I mistakenly walked into the wrong room,"

"And they didn't ask you to leave?"

"Yes, they did but Alan stopped me,"

"Alan?" she said.

"Alan,"

"Wow,"

"I wished he had taken mine too. HR wasn't so friendly,"

"These people are really rude,"

"Hush," she placed her index finger on her lips. "You are loud,"

"Ops," I whispered.

"Let's sit somewhere and talk," she said looking at her watch. It was already 5 p.m.

I agreed and we went to the nearby cafe. We ordered pastries. I got to know that she was a fan of sweets as I was. I always liked people who loved chocolates and sweets. It's weird how some people didn't like it. They seem so scared of sweets like honey, sweet things not going to bite you or kill you.

"I don't understand why some people don't like sweets or chocolates or anything that has sugar," she placed a piece of pastries in her mouth.

My exact thought.

I smiled while eating mine.

"You agree right?" She asked.

I nodded looking at her. Mausam seemed like a very easy girl. I mean, in a friendship. Friendly, easy, and sweet. Her look wasn't bad or her personality. She had put her hair in a bun. She was the same height as me.

I started to like her already but, I kept the but there. You never knew when people started to seem different or feel different. And colleagues were never to be trusted but again she seemed sweet.

"That's my thought. Always." I said.

"Do you think we could work here for long?" She questioned.

"If that smiley guy is around we could," I shrugged.