Topolina

🎶 Cashmere Cat - Quit ft. Ariana Grande🎶

"Where is A... Ademaro," I asked one of the maids when she brought me dinner.

She opened her mouth and then paused.

"We don't call boss by his name. Call him Don or Boss," she whispered with her Italian accent.

"Where is he?"

"In his room but you aren't allowed to go to the other side. He might get angry,"

The Alan I knew never got angry but I didn't know how Ademaro was so I nodded.

"Who lives in this place?" I questioned.

"Only boss and us," she said smiling.

Once she left I got out of bed and tiptoed around. I decided to go to the opposite side taking the right side of the stairs. The design was the same as the left side. I opened the first room I saw there. This room was only painted in black and it was empty. I stepped inside to find a room bigger than mine. With heavy breath, I looked around. I found Alan standing near a table with a glass in his hand which I assumed was alcohol. His bare back was towards me. His body was filled with scars. It was never there when he was in Nepal. I got scared to even open my mouth. What if he started to shout at me? I cleared my throat. His body tensed for a second and he was quick to turn around. I gulped. We stood there staring at each other. God, I missed him, missed his presence.

"Why are you out of your room?" he questioned walking closer to me.

"Who did that to you?"I questioned referring to the scars not backing off. His strong cologne hit me, something woody, something fruity.

"You should stay in your room," he said staring at my face.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"I need answers. I have a life back in my country. I have friends, fam...." I stopped speaking while he raised a brow.

Now his face was an inch away from me.

"Go back to your room or you will regret it,"

I shook my head.

He slowly placed his finger on my cheek.

"Where's your wife?"

He quickly moved his finger to my lips shutting them.

"Don't," he said softly.

He started to rub my lower lips with his thumb. For a second I thought he would kiss me. He slowly pulled his finger away.

"You will not ask me any questions or......"

"I am not scared of you,"

"Well, then be," he said grabbing my wrist and pulling me out of his room. He threw me inside mine.

"If you ever come to this side of the mansion without my permission, I swear I will lock you in the basement," he said closing the door.

I glared at the door and went to sit on the bed.

"What happened to Dakshu and how are you, eat food, take care," I muttered.

Why was he alone in the house? Where were Rekha and Namrata?

For a few days, I stayed in the room watching movies or reading books. There was a bookshelf in the room so I didn't bother asking for more books. Food was brought to me in the room. The maids strictly warned me not to set foot outside the room. They kept repeating it and I got annoyed. I felt like a prisoner.

*****

I looked outside the window. There was a black car parked and men in black suits were everywhere. Alan must have come back. One of the maids named Lucia told me Alan was out of the house. Lucia understood English so she was the one who answered my question most of the time. Sofia, on the other hand, would talk to me in broken English. She at times would gesture to me with her hands which I found funny.