Hold on a Little

Two weeks after he left, I called his number and it rang. I tried a couple of times but it was of no use. He didn't pick it up or say refused to answer my call. I decided to leave a few messages but it was of no use. It angered me to my core that he was ignoring me. Did I deserve this all?

I had left Mausam's place and was living alone. I didn't care if his mother came for me or Rekha. All I cared about was him. I wanted to see him but it seemed as if he didn't want to see me anymore. I sat on the floor and wept.

At around 8 p.m. I bought alcohol and started to drown in it. I hoped the bitterness in my tongue would let me forget the bitterness in my heart. I screamed in my room and decided I couldn't sit like this. I called a taxi and got into it. I told the driver where to go.

Once I was outside the building I looked up. He had told me he stayed at the office because he couldn't bring himself to be with Rekha. I looked up at the floor where our office used to be. The lights were turned on on that floor. I walked towards the front door only to be stopped by the guard. He was the same guard who used to work here when I was still working. He looked at me for some time trying to recognize me. I wasn't in the mood. I needed to see Alan.

"Miss," he stopped me. "You can't walk in at this time,"

I raised my brow daring him to stop me again.

"I need to talk to the CEO,"

"I can't let you in,"

I ignored him and started to walk in but he didn't let me go.

"What is going on?" I heard a voice I was dying to hear for the last two weeks.

"Sir, she was trying to get to your floor,"

I turned to look at him. His eyes met mine for a second and then he looked away.

"I am going out for dinner," he said looking at his watch. "When I come here she shouldn't be here," he said looking at the guard.

"She looks drunk," he said.

I was drunk but not enough to forget him or the pain he had caused me.

"Then find a taxi. She sure isn't drunk enough to forget her address," he grumbled walking away.

My jaw hit the floor.

I thought he would at least talk to me.

"Miss...."

"It's okay. I am leaving. Sorry for the trouble," I said leaving. I tripped on my legs and fell on the floor. Somehow I got up and left the building.

I started to walk on the sidewalk. I started to hear thunderstorms. When I looked up at the sky lightning split the sky. I felt raindrops on my skin. Suddenly I was grabbed and pushed inside the vehicle. I was too stunned to speak or scream and then I saw someone get on the driver's side.

"I knew this would happen," he muttered.

I tried to get out of the car but he locked it.

"Let me out," I screamed.

"No one can hear you,"

I started to hit him.

"Dakshu,"

"Shut up," I said not willing to stop. "Shut up,"

He grabbed my hands and pulled me closer to him.

"Two weeks, no call, no explanation," I whispered.

I did my best not to cry.

"You shouldn't have come here," he said letting my hands go.