The Owner

Dedicated to  NaseemBanu1703

🎶Taylor Swift - tolerate it 🎶

My time in the office was nearly to the end. A few more days and I would be free to go. Days were passing as it was but my heart was dwelling in the same man, the same hurt. I didn't look good nor did he. He didn't seem to eat or sleep if we talked about his appearance. I felt at fault. I felt guilty but he wasn't mine to bother so I did my best to Ignore it.

Every day I would crawl out of the bed to the office. I would see him and act as if it didn't matter he was in front of me. I would join him in his meetings as If nothing mattered to me other than work. I would watch him, his every move as if I would take it with me when I left this place. I would see his smile, and take in his voice as if these things would help me live without him for the rest of my life.

Rekha and Prisma would accompany him most of the time. I would see her holding his hand or placing a kiss on his cheeks while in front of everyone. This would silently break my heart but somehow I would control myself as If that wasn't the man I loved.

Our second meeting with the clients was done and I left to have snacks. Alan rarely came to the cafe so I stopped searching for the one where I could eat in peace. I was sipping orange juice when a pair of legs stood in front of me. I remembered the flower-printed black skirt.

"May I join?" she asked in a sweet voice.

I knew she wasn't going to leave even If I said no. When I didn't bother to speak she helped herself in the chair in front of me. I didn't care if she found it rude. She wasn't my boss.

"I heard your time here is nearly to the end,"

I just stared at her.

"He begged me on his knees for forgiveness. I had to take him back," she smiled. "You know how men are. Can't live without their wives,"

"I hope when you leave you don't ever look back again and my little advice," she said. "Don't ever lay your eyes on any other married man. Don't be a homewrecker,"

I opened my mouth but she didn't let me.

"I knew you were trying to be near him all those times. I wanted to warn you too. I even visited you once but never thought it would go this far,"

"I didn't know he was married," I said suddenly. Both of us were surprised by the harshness in my voice.

"Alan is a man, Miss Dakshina. A man who always comes back to his wife. Men, they love entertaining women like you but in the end, they always come back to us, their wives,"

Women like me?

"Don't get me wrong. I just meant, even if he made you feel he loved you or whatever he said he always came back to me, back to our bed,"

This was getting too much for me. I didn't want to hear another word.

"Did he sleep with you?" she questioned.

I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Sure he did," she laughed. "But it wasn't enough for him," she scrunched her nose.

I tried to get up.

"Ah, ah," she said stopping me. "I was just leaving. I just wanted to tell you to have a good life. Alan is mine and will always remain mine," she whispered the last sentence and got up.

"I own a title in his life," she smirked pointing a finger at herself.

She seemed insecure. I watched her leave the cafe.