My Girl

For a few minutes, everything was fine. I was preparing to leave so I could take a break and have a snack. When I got up to leave I heard the other woman's voice who came in with Prisma. It was loud as if she was shouting.

I thought it was a meeting then why was she shouting?

"I thought you said it was a meeting?" I heard Alan's voice. His voice wasn't soft. You could hear the disappointment in his voice.

I started to hear muffled sounds. I believed they were arguing. It must be about the work. My stomach was making a noise that I couldn't ignore so I took my purse and left. I knew my Alan would solve it. I went to the coffee shop and ordered sandwiches and coffee. I kept playing with the pendant Alan brought for me. I was blushing thinking of Alan.

There was a voice in my head that said something was going wrong in the office. It must be because I heard the other woman's loud voice. I decided to ignore the feeling and started to enjoy the food.

Once I finished eating I texted Alan asking if the meeting was over but there was no response from him. I assumed the meeting was still going on. Instead of leaving, I decided to text Mausam.

In exactly 10 minutes Mausam was in the cafe.

"I have so many things to tell you," she mouthed standing at the door.

I laughed looking at her. The staff in the cafe who were looking at her smiled too. The cafe wasn't packed. There were a few people and they were sitting at the table in the corner. She quickly ran over to me and took the chair in front of me.

"How are you?" she asked.

"Good, how about you?"

"All good..." she paused. "but so many things going on,"

"What is it?"

The waiter came to take her order and once the waiter left she started to talk.

"You know, the other day we found out that Nimek broke up with his girlfriend,"

"Really?" I asked in amusement.

She kept nodding.

"What was that bitch name?" I started to think.

"Ritika,"

"Yes, but why?"

She shrugged.

"You won't believe but she came to the office and created a scene," Mausam clapped her hands. She was enjoying it.

"Wow," I said.

Mausam told me about how she told the whole office that Nimek cheated on her but turned out she was the one going on a date with a guy.

"She created a scene when she saw Nimek with another girl in a cafe. It turned out to be a business meeting and then as the argument began the guy she was dating came onto the scene. He works here. I mean worked,"

"Holy moly,"

"Yes, that's the tea,"

"I can't imagine how embarrassing that is,"

"I know, right? She created the scene so she could embarrass him but she was the one who got embarrassed in the end,"

We laughed together. They both deserved It. 

"They deserved each other but again no one should go through this,"

"I agree," Mausam replied.

Her order came and she started to enjoy her food. I ordered another coffee while checking my phone.