Papers

To keep my mind calm I went to the library and sat there reading books. In the afternoon when I went to check on Alan, he was still not there. I walked back to the library and decided to take a nap. It was a different kind of feeling when I sat around books. It felt like I was back to Alan, to his calmness, to his love.

The forceful opening of the door woke me up. I got off the couch rubbing my eyes to see who was there. Alan was breathing heavily and looking at me. He seemed scared then suddenly he went calm. The next thing I knew I was being pulled into his arms.

What's wrong with him

Why the sudden hug

"You scared me," he whispered in my hair. "I thought you left," 

"Why would I leave," I whispered hugging him back.

"You aren't disgusted by me?" he questioned looking at me. He seemed confused at seeing me calm and composed.

"Why would I?"

Then he took a step back. He ran his hand through his hair.

"You...." he sighed. "Last night...Niccolo..."

"I don't hate you," I shook my head. "I know you never wanted this,"

He pulled me back into his arms.

"How many times will you make me repeat to you to tell me before you leave the room," he said.

"I am sorry. I was waiting for you,"

"You were?" he asked taking a step back and cupping my face.

"I can't make you hate me whatever I do, can I ?" he chuckled.

"No," I grinned.

He slowly kissed me.

"I have something to tell you,"

I nodded for him to go on.

"Mausam and Nimek are here,"

"They are here?" I nearly jumped with excitement. "Are they going to live with us?"

"For a while. Yes,"

"Then...." he paused. "You will go back with them,"

"And you?"

He didn't look at my eyes.

"I am not going anywhere if you aren't there,"

"Dakshu, this place isn't safe for you,"

"Every single place is safe for me if you are there," I replied.

"Please, try to understand,"

"No, I am staying here with you. We will fight together. We will get you out of this,"

"We can't. This is my life now. She won't let me go without either killing me or I have to kill her...."

"Then, let's kill her,"

He quickly placed his hand over my mouth.

"No," He shook his head. "I might have turned into a murderer but I am not letting you into the same shithole. You will listen to me and do as I say,"

"What would you do if you were in my place? Would you leave me alone?"

He went silent.

"Exactly. I am not leaving you alone," I said hugging him.

"My stubborn girl,"

"If you think of sending me to Nepal the way you brought me here then I will kill you,"