This is Wrong

The next day, I was embarrassed to go to the office. Last night my boss kissed me. How would I face him? What if he told someone and everyone in the office knew about it? 

"No, no," I told myself.

Guys never shared things like this with anyone unless they wanted to embarrass you but I was not able to trust Alan. I don't know, a woman in me thought worst. Maybe he was drunk or saw a woman alone and took his chance like every other man would. I could always think worse, right? When it came to men you could always think worse. That's what I had learnt. He did seem to have regretted it right after kissing me.  

I was still in bed rolling from one side to another. I checked my phone and it was already 9. I hadn't told my boss that I wasn't coming to work today. I opened the mail and decided to write to him. I told him that I wasn't well to do the work so I would like to request him to give me a leave. I locked my phone and drifted to sleep. 

The vibration of my phone woke me up. I answered the call without looking at it properly. My mind went to Mausam. She must have not seen me in the office and decided to call.

"Hey," I said in a sleepy voice.

"Are you ok? What happened to you?"

The male voice from the other side jerked me off. It was Alan.

"Shit," I almost shouted.

"You ok?" He asked.

"Yeah, yeah, Sorry,"

"Were you still asleep? Did you eat anything?"

Why was he asking so many questions?

"Yeah, yeah," I paused closing my eyes. "Everything's ok,"

"You asked for leave so suddenly I thought something happened,"

"No, it's just a headache,"

"Or was it....." he paused.

Please, don't say it. I beg you, Alan, please.

"Anyway. Take care, Dakshu. Let me know if you need anything,"

Thank you.

"Sure, boss. Thanks," I said hanging up the phone. I was so quick to hang up that even I was surprised.

I didn't want to leave my bed but my stomach was growling loudly. I wish we could sleep all day and not eat. I got out of bed and made myself something to eat. After that, I showered and got cosy in my bed to watch a movie or anything that I would find to keep my mind off Alan.

I found a movie. It seemed like a nice love story but I couldn't focus on it. My mind was going back to Alan, to last night. I was still confused about why he kissed me. Why would my boss kiss me and instantly regret it? I didn't ask him to kiss me in the first place and didn't slap him for doing it, which, I knew many girls would do. 

I was trying to focus my mind on my laptop when I got a text. It was from Alan.

"I am on my way,"

"No," I screamed. What the fuck. Why would he come?

I was half naked so I jumped off the bed and went to my closet to find something to wear. I found a pair of shorts and a crop top. I went to my bed and picked up my phone reading the text again and again. It was not a good thing that a boss was coming to meet an employee just because she was sick. What would other people think? But who would know?

After like forever there was a light knock on the door. Thankfully, the building I lived in was a three-story building. On the ground floor, there was an art shop and on the top floor the house owner lived but they were never home. Mostly they were outside the valley so there was nothing to be afraid of when a guy came into your house. I never brought anyone here but you could be judged and even called a hoe for getting a visit from a guy.