Assistant

"Alan," Nimek got up from his seat.

Alan showed him his hand stopping him from speaking.

"You thought she made a mistake and decided to fire her. As a manager, you have that right. While I thought it wasn't her fault I decided to hire her. It's my right," Alan said.

Alan turned to look at me. "You can leave now,"

I nodded and without saying anything left.

I packed my things and left the building after saying goodbye to everyone. I didn't tell them what happened inside Nimek's office. Mausam seemed sad and I decided to talk to her later. I had a huge decision to make.

I entered my flat and Alan's offer started to run through my head. My heart was wondering why he was being so gentle with me.

"Why would he take my side? One boss supports another," I said.

It was weird how he offered me as if he was someone who cared about me. Why would he care if I was fired or not? But I have to pay my bills and if I didn't accept the offer I would be in big trouble.

"Damnit," I said sitting on the floor in my kitchen. "What should I do? What if he turns into a sex addict monster who is offering me a job so he can sexually assault me?"

I was about to answer the question that I was asking myself when my phone rang. It was Mausam.

"Hey," I said answering the call.

"How are you?"

'Confused," I sighed.

"What happened there?" She asked.

"Wow," she said after I was done telling her about Nimek firing me again and Alan's offer.

"He is a saviour. I wish we all had a boss like him,"

"You do,"

"I don't think so. Roji has Rishant and you have Alan,"

"I don't have Alan," I said sounding annoyed.

"Of course you do, Dakshu. He offered you a job with good pay,"

"He never said anything about my pay,"

"You must accept it,"

I sighed "I don't know,"

"Why not?"

"Cause I am not sure if I should work in a company like that. Bosses are shit,"

"But Alan is different."

"I will decide in 24 hours. Let's see,"

After that, we talked for almost an hour about what happened after I left the office.

"Roji wasn't impressed with Nimek about how he didn't trust what she said," Mausam muttered.

"He just wanted a reason to fire me,"

"She said she would talk to Rishant about it,"

"Too late,"

"I hope you accept the offer so we can get a chance to see each other and everything. Otherwise, I am going to miss you,"

"I will think about it,"

We hung up our phones after our long talk. I ate Korean noodles and orange juice for dinner. I watched TV for some time and then went to bed. Tomorrow was going to be a long day for me.

The next day, I woke up early at 6 am. I did my morning routine and started to prepare breakfast. The whole time my mind was in the office with Alan. I started to question why he must have offered me that assistant job. That's the thing about me I questioned everything. If someone started to act good with me I questioned why and when someone would act bad I would question that too.