His Initial

A few weeks went by. Alan was getting better day by day. I was hopeful to watch him walk towards me pulling me into his arms. Most days in the evening we would sit in the backyard talking. Sometimes I would feel bad in the pit of my stomach when Rekha or Prisma would linger in my thoughts. Other than that living in Mausam's house made me realise what having a family would be like, and what living with Alan in the future would be like.

One day while having lunch together Nimek started to joke about Alan's clothing color.

"Do you know why he always wears white?" He asked me.

Alan shook his head murmuring something.

"At first I didn't understand and then it hit me. It's because the last time you two were together you both were wearing white," Nimek laughed.

Alan glared at him.

I looked at Alan smiling who was looking at his lap muttering something.

"Wow," Nimek said.

I took Alan's cap and put it in my head grinning.

Alan looked at me and grinned back.

"White looks perfect on him," I said now looking at  Nimek.

"And that cap looks perfect on you," Alan whispered making me blush.

Nimek cleared his throat taking our attention back. Mausam was still smiling.

"Rekha was asking about you,"

Alan sighed.

"Doesn't she always ask you about him?" Mausam asked.

Nimek nodded looking at Alan.

"She seemed more......."

"Evil?" Alan questioned.

"Yeah," Nimek breathed.

"She is up to something,"

"I will get through it," Alan said.

I was silent. Did I trust Alan with everything he said? yes, but I didn't know why nothing came out of my mouth. I still saw Rekha as his wife even if they have been living separately for more than five years now. If she was as bad as they were saying then something bad was surely coming our way.

"Do you trust me?" Alan's question brought me back.

I took his hand on mine.

Alan looked back to Nimek.

"As soon as I am back on my feet I will go to court,"

"I don't think it's necessary," Nimek said. "The marriage doesn't stand anymore,"

"You don't know her,"

"I think I do. All she wanted was business. She has it,"

Alan nearly laughed.

"You don't understand, do you? Even if she has business, a man in a life which she always did, she won't leave me. How many times have she asked you about me?"

"Every time she sees me,"

"Right," Alan said. "This isn't over for her. She will find a way to get hold of me,"

That afternoon we lay on the bed. One of my feet was lying on his chest and he was stroking it.

"I want to paint my nails," I said suddenly to break him out of his thoughts. I hated seeing him in these moods. I liked him better when he talked or smiled.

I got out of the bed and took out my nail polish.

"Which one?" I asked him showing three nail polish.