Bitch

🎶Ariana Grande - we can't be friends🎶

"I have some business to sort out. Don't move from here," Alan said while leaving without waiting for my reply.

Matteo joined me later and he started to keep me company.

"Let me know if you want anything," he said looking at the people enjoying their drinks.

I spent my time there looking at people, and what they were doing. I loved watching people but hated being with one. Most of the men were dressed in black and women were mostly in red. I wondered where they came from, and how they were, what they loved and what made them happy. Were they all in the mafia? I wondered if being in the mafia meant being cruel just like Alan had turned into. I had heard Nimek mention his mother killing people and involving in illegal activities. Did they all have blood on their hands? Did Alan have blood on his hands as well?

I shivered at the thought of Alan killing someone. Then I felt a burning smell at my side. Matteo was offering me a cigarette.

"What are you doing," I said stepping aside.

"Don't tell me you don't smoke,"

"I don't," I said looking away.

Matteo almost laughed. I gave him a look and he put the cigarette in his lips.

"Everyone drinks and smokes in our world," he shrugged.

"Does Al...Adamero smokes as well?"

He looked at me for a few seconds.

"Boss doesn't. He says it makes his body stink,"

"So you are his friend or..."

"Friend," he laughed cutting me off. He muttered something in Italian.

I mentally made sure to ask Alan to let me take an Italian lesson.

"In the mafia, there's no friend no family," he whispered leaning toward me.

He straightened his back when we saw Niccolo and Alan walk towards us. Alan eyed me for a second and got lost in conversation with other people. I watched Niccolo greet women with a kiss but Alan didn't bother to speak to them. I couldn't explain at that moment how much I missed my smiley Alan. Both of them were almost near us I heard a loud voice and everyone's attention turned to a woman in blue who was running towards Alan. My stomach turned inside me.

"My husband," she said pulling him for a kiss. I almost saw Alan roll his eyes.

"Patrizia," Alan said without any emotions.

"Miss Maldini," Niccolo said placing kisses on both her cheeks.

"I prefer Patrizia," she said with a smile. He nodded. She had dyed her hair blonde.

"No one likes her," I heard Matteo whisper. "She fools around from one mafia to another while being married to one. Men, they hate her but tolerate her presence. Women, they want her out," he added.

"Then why is she here," I said without looking at him.

He chuckled beside me.

"Her parents have a big reputation in the mafia, especially her mother. They are like untouchable,"

I nodded in understanding.

Rekha hadn't seen me yet but when Niccolo showed his hands towards me she glared at me. They were now near us. Matteo went and placed a kiss on her hand.

"Matteo, always pleased to see you,"

"Same here," he bowed a little.

Rekha's eyes turned to me.