Hurry

To anyone who was ever made to feel they weren't enough. You are enough.

🎶 Hataarindai, Bataasindai - Sajjan Raj Vaidya 🎶

I was in a hurry trying to reach the restaurant where I was about to give an interview. My heart was beating fast and my body was shaking a bit in fear and I needed this job. Not that I was jobless but my current job wasn't paying me enough. I was working as a customer service employee and there was too much pressure.

I reached the restaurant at 11:30 am. I took a leave from my job today and came to give a job interview to another one. The pay was too low there. Not that the company didn't make good money but I guess the boss was too stingy. And one of the reasons they weren't paying me well was that I went there in search of the job myself. No one pursued me to do the job. You were never treated well in most of the jobs if you went on a hunt for it, which I learned in recent days.

"Whatever," I whispered to myself and walked inside the restaurant.

The first thought that ran through my head was expensive. Everything was so shiny that I almost covered my eyes with my hand. I went to the reception to ask where the interview would be held. The woman at the reception who seemed tiny with a gap in her front teeth told me that the interview would be at the exact time I was called.

I waited until noon. All that time the only thing that was going in my head was why a restaurant? Why did they call me to interview in a restaurant?  the woman came and asked me to follow her. I wasn't dressed up in formal wear as I would do inside the office. I was wearing a crop top covering it with a blazer and black jeans and sneakers.  When the receptionist stared at me for a while probably thinking why I was here in a casual outfit, I felt nervous.

While coming here I was in such a hurry I poured coffee in my jeans and sandals that I quickly changed into whatever I found in the closet.

"The HR is already there," she whispered.

"Three of them? I thought only the manager would interview me. Holy fuck." I thought.

Once she showed me a door and left

"Damnit," I muttered "Was I too casual for the interview?"

I knocked at the door.

When I heard "Come in," I opened the door and walked inside.

The room seemed empty and then I saw three heads on the corner of the room. They were sitting on the couch and their back was facing me. I slowly walked and went in front of them. One seemed older than the other two guys, probably in his 40s. He looked grumpy. He didn't seem pleased to see me. The guy in the middle immediately gave me that welcoming smile. I noticed a dimple when he smiled. He seemed to be in his late 20s. And the guy on the smiley's right side who seemed to be the same age narrowed his eyes at me. The only thing noticeable in him was a mole on his nose.

I could never understand why people were automatically rude. Couldn't they just smile? Fine, they didn't want to smile but at least they didn't have to seem rude.

"Where's our drink?" the man with the grey hair asked.

Drink?

"It's been half an hour and you are here with your empty hands," the guy who still had his eyes narrowed at me said.

I looked at the guy who was still smiling at me.

"I was called here for an interview," I replied.

The man with the grey hair and the guy looked at each other and chuckled making fun of me.