The Other Woman

🎶 The Other Woman - Lana del Rey 🎶

Mausam left me a message early in the morning to meet her in the cafe. I had to be there by 9.

I got out of bed and went to make breakfast. Alan joined me later. We ate in silence. My mind was with Mausam. I wondered what she wanted to talk about.

"Are you still angry?" Alan asked.

"Huh," I said. I couldn't hear him properly.

"I was asking if you were still angry with me for not proposing to you,"

"If you aren't ready... I can't force you, Alan,"

His face changed.

"I am sorry," he whispered.

"I need to go to the office. Mausam wants to meet me,"

"This early?"

I shrugged. "Must be worried about her wedding,"

"Oh," he said between the bites.

I had made bread and eggs. I sat there and stared at him while he ate. I liked to do that now and then when he wasn't looking. It let me see him properly. He wasn't aware of me watching him.

"Are you afraid of getting married?" I asked suddenly.

He turned to look at me.

"If you are. We can stay like this forever. I don't mind getting married. What matters to me the most is having you with me," I said forcing a smile.

"No, Dakshu. I would love to get married but there are things I need to sort out,"

"Your parents?" I questioned.

I wondered if his parents were the reason he didn't want to get married.

"Do you trust me?" he asked.

"What do you think?" I asked him back.

"You do," he said. "If not. You wouldn't be here,"

"Just don't break my trust," I said getting up.

I reached the cafe early but Mausam was already there. She seemed to be stress.

"Mausam," I said running to the table.

She got up. She didn't smile like always. I got a feeling that something was wrong. I took a seat and smiled at her.

"Is everything ok?"

"You never told me you started to spend time with Alan,"

"He sleeps on the couch,"

Mausam stared at me for a while.

"I am not lying,"

"I know,"

"What's the matter, Mausam? Are you still worried about your marriage?"

She shook her head.

"We will fix the wedding date today,"

"Wow. That's awesome,"

I was happy for her.

Our conversation was interrupted by a waiter who came to take our orders. We both ordered a cup of coffee.

"Dakshu," she said. "Do you believe love can betray you?"

I was surprised by her question. Did something happen between Nimek and her?

"No, love can never betray you,"

"What about lovers?"

"They may,"