Wounds

I fully turned around making sure not to touch him.

"Are you hurt?" I questioned.

He shook his head. He was lying. I moved my hand to touch him but stopped mid-way. I got out of bed, turned on all the lights and looked for ointment. When I found it in the bathroom and ran and sat on the bed.

"Take out that shirt," I ordered.

He narrowed his eyes at me.

"I am not having....."

"Shut up and do as I say,"

He glared but did what I told him. He sat on the bed and took out his shirt. There were so many wounds. Someone must have whipped him like they do every day. I was somehow relieved that the wounds were cleaned.

"Who does this to you every day?"

"Alan," I yelled.

He got up to leave but I got hold of his hand and didn't let him. He could get away from me by pulling his hand away but he didn't.

"Let me at least put this on the wound," I said showing him the ointment.

He looked at me. Like always I knew there was a war going on inside him.

"Please," I whispered.

I didn't know why he was trying to push me away when he clearly knew he couldn't. I wished he would share what was going on in his head. I put it around the wound while blowing air when he winced. A tear rolled down my cheek but I made sure he didn't see it. I couldn't imagine the kind of pain he got through while getting these wounds.

"If I found you in this same stage tomorrow tell that person I am going to kill them," I said.

I heard him chuckle.

"I am dead serious. I will grab one of your guns..."

Before I could finish it I was grabbed by the waist and pulled into his lap.

"You will not touch a gun,"

I stared at his chest afraid if I opened my mouth I would cry.

"Da...I said..."

"Fine, I won't but don't let them hurt you," I pleaded.

"I will think about it," he said after a while putting me back on the bed.

I helped him put back his shirt. He lay down looking at me. I placed my hand on his face and smiled. The next thing I know he pulled me down making my back face him. He slowly placed his face on my neck. He didn't say a word. He drifted away after some time.

The next evening when Alan walked into the closet I followed him. I stood behind him and prayed there weren't new wounds. He started to unbutton his shirt and I closed my eyes, afraid I would see fresh cuts. When I finally opened my eyes not only there weren't any fresh cuts Alan was looking directly at me.

I let out the breath I was holding with relief.

"I guess they got scared of your threats," he said.

I swallowed looking at his bare front and moving my eyes to his face.

"Do you want to watch me get fully naked?" he questioned.

I got so nervous that he chuckled. I quickly went and sat on my bed. I waited for him till he took a shower and was back. I was hoping we would share the bed but it turned into disappointment when he went to the couch.

"Sleep on the bed. I will sleep there,"

He looked at me and shook his head. I ran to him quickly and got hold of the blanket.